Why become a member? ×

Warwick Gnome i Pro 600W

MichaelDean

I know the Gnome has a few fans on here and I hadn't seen a thread on it so thought I'd share. Looks like they've launched a 600W version with all of the bells and whistles of their top of the range, lower wattage Gnome. Available as a pre-order, £345 at Thomann at the moment. Seems like a very decent price for that much power!

https://www.thomann.de/gb/warwick_gnome_i_pro_600w.htm

• Like 1

Nice.

I have had a keen eye on the regular tiny Warwick 200W@4Ohm/130W@8Ohm Gnome, and if it wasn't because I rely on an "amp-less" setup I would likely already had acquired one.

I am not really in need of more power than that would be able to handle, but I applaud Warwick for coming out with a more powerful alternative for those who does.

As is I am going to soon snap the Harley Benton GPA-100 micro poweramp, which is just about the same size as the regular Warwick Gnome, and able to handle just about the same kind of power, but for about half the price, for my ampless setup, to replace the way too heavy Peavey SS poweramp that I use currently that weight about a ton.

This would of course only be viable for an "amp-less" setup, or at least if your main tone comes from a preamp in some form, for a full preamp + poweramp amp in a tiny package the Gnome does seem quite amazing though, and as said had I been in need of such I would likely already had owned one.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

I really like the simplistic design of the Gnome and the new 600w version. Its lacking in features compared to other amps but the really competitive price reflects this and I can see manufacturers actually selling this for £299 in time. I've been using my 280w Gnome quite a bit recently and it sounds fab through my Barefaced Two10 but I have just bought a Mark Bass Little Mark IV which is nice but I'm thinking for the price I should of waited and bought the new 600w Gnome. The only thing I'm not so keen on with the new Gnome is the size, it would of been nice if it was a little smaller but hey ho, we can't have it all.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine was delivered today.

First impression are.

1. No mute switch. Not a big deal but would of been nice.

2. Tone is not flat when tone controls are set at noon. Roll off the bass and treble to 9 o'clock position and it sounds uncoloured to me.

3. LED blur lights are stupid and bright. WHY?

4. Di is post tone only. Again WHY?

5. Fan is very quiet. Great for studio or home.

More importantly it sounds very clean and punchy with my Euphonic Audio cab.

For the price it is a clear winner.

Edited by spyder

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone know how this compares to the Peavey mini max Mk2?
Both ~£350, both 600W....
They seem like great options for lightweight powerful heads, which is exactly what I'm after...

Edited by ToLo