Why become a member? ×

George Ezra

White Cloud

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, JimmySims said:

Thanks guys, it's a Wilcock that I picked up last year.

Well both my daughters (2&5) and my wife (older) have that most recent album on repeat most days. Next time I'll listen out for the baselines and think of you! :) 

On 25/07/2023 at 21:00, LukeFRC said:

Well both my daughters (2&5) and my wife (older) have that most recent album on repeat most days. Next time I'll listen out for the baselines and think of you! :) 

My two girls (6&9) love putting it on all the time too. I think it might be the only time in their lives where they'll think I'm "cool" haha!

• Haha 1

On 25/07/2023 at 21:03, KingPrawn said:

Beautiful looking bass. I was watching that charity thing you did last year. I thought your tips were really useful for new palyers. Have you always been maple neck?

Its all down to Viv Wilcock and Rob Mullarkey for designing it, I just chose the colour! I don't really have a preference of fingerboard based on the sound, its just a cosmetic thing for me. I tend to think rosewood looks better on a sunburst bass but hey, what do I know! 

• Like 1

On 26/07/2023 at 02:20, markbunney said:

Saw you play with George Ezra at the O2 earlier this year, brilliant gig. We have Gold Rush Kid on most days in our house :)

Thank you! I've really enjoyed doing the shows. I'm having to ween my kids off it a little as I hear it quite a lot too :)

• Like 1

Next time you see George, you must thank him from me that I no longer have to tell people how to spell my surname. The new thing is that I have to explain that we’re not related and that it’s actually his middle name. 🤦🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ezbass said:

Next time you see George, you must thank him from me that I no longer have to tell people how to spell my surname. The new thing is that I have to explain that we’re not related and that it’s actually his middle name. 🤦🏻

I love a four letter surname but mine seems to get miss-spelled all the time too... 2 m's? weird if you ask me.

1 minute ago, JimmySims said:

I love a four letter surname but mine seems to get miss-spelled all the time too... 2 m's? weird if you ask me.

Just get a popular artist to adopt it as their stage name.

BTW, we’ve met, many years ago when you worked at the Bass Centre, I was always popping in at Brune St.

Just now, ezbass said:

Just get a popular artist to adopt it as their stage name.

BTW, we’ve met, many years ago when you worked at the Bass Centre, I was always popping in at Brune St.

Unfortunately Little Simz spells it wrong too :)

I'd most likely recognise you by face or by what I sold you but I'm awful with names :) . I've got super fond memories of both places. In fact next February marks 20 years since I left! Now I feel old.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JimmySims said:

I'd most likely recognise you by face or by what I sold you

White, Music Man, SUB, the original US release, is the one that springs to mind (surely there were others too?), I traded in a Gretsch hollowbody guitar.

2 minutes ago, JimmySims said:

next February marks 20 years since I left! Now I feel old.

Yikes! I just feel even older :( .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...