Why become a member? ×

Demeter HBP1-800D Bass Pre/Power Amp - Price Drop, ** Withdrwan ** - *WITHDRAWN*
£980
Aberdeen

For sale (or trade) is my Demeter HBP1-800D 800w tube pre / power amp. Excellent condition and comes full of heft! 🤣 Standard 1U rack unit weighing 11lbs / 5kgs. Currently new ones are $2,099 (approx. £1,650 + shipping +tax).

Passive / Active inputs with treble / mid / bass / presence EQ

Parametric EQ that can be switched in / out

Effects loop that can be switched in / out

Output Power: 800 watt RMS @ 4 ohms, 500 watt RMS @ 8 ohms

Speakon connections

Built in DI output (protected from +48volt phantom power)

Operating voltage: 115V/230V AC switchable

From the Demeter page:

"The HBP-1-800D H Series Tube Bass Pre/Power amplifier by James Demeter integrates an 800 Watt Class D amplifier, driven by Jensen Transformers, into the HBP-1 Preamplifier circuit.

Utilizing the best of both the tube and solid state world, the HBP-1-800D features high voltage (250V) tube front end (providing all of the preamplifier gain and passive tone controls), a two band solid state fully parametric equalizer that is tuned for bass, a fully adjustable active effects loop with controls up front, a tuner output, a full balanced output with switchable mic or line level, both a balanced TRS line level output and an unbalanced line level output for amplifier connections and a mute switch."

Link to the Demeter webpage and manual - Demeter HBP1-800D

Edited by Acebassmusic
Withdrawn
  • Like 10

Had an HBP-1 years ago, lovely thing, never graduated to running it with an integrated power amp (that was the start of my love affair with Powersoft kit).

Puzzled by one thing ... there's a Volume control for the preamp (no Gain) but no separate Volume control for the power amp. How do you increase the Gain without increasing the Volume?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Jack said:

Had an HBP-1 years ago, lovely thing, never graduated to running it with an integrated power amp (that was the start of my love affair with Powersoft kit).

Puzzled by one thing ... there's a Volume control for the preamp (no Gain) but no separate Volume control for the power amp. How do you increase the Gain without increasing the Volume?

This looks like a lovely and very well thought-through design, though a very good question - I might scuttle off to see if the manual is on-line!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

If it's like other Demeter kit there will likely be a trim pot on the circuit board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Jack said:

Good question and well spotted 😁 The volume control is the master volume, just located on the left of the amp. The gain / volume layout is a little different to many amps nowadays which have input / gain knob / EQ / master vol. On the Demeter the input gain is regulated by either plugging into the active or passive inputs. This supplies a fixed amount of gain for the EQ and master volume to work with. The amp is designed to produce clean headroom as opposed to getting a driven sound.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, franzbassist said:

If it's like other Demeter kit there will likely be a trim pot on the circuit board.

I'm not sure if there is a trim pot in this amp as I've never seen one mentioned in the manual or on forums before. I never needed one as I just used the active / passive inputs. Worth checking out, thanks 👍

7 hours ago, Acebassmusic said:

Good question and well spotted 😁 The volume control is the master volume, just located on the left of the amp. The gain / volume layout is a little different to many amps nowadays which have input / gain knob / EQ / master vol. On the Demeter the input gain is regulated by either plugging into the active or passive inputs. This supplies a fixed amount of gain for the EQ and master volume to work with. The amp is designed to produce clean headroom as opposed to getting a driven sound.

The user manual seems to suggest that it affects preamp gain and overall output.

"Volume Knob : Controls the drive of the preamplifier (also use to control your output level)"

• Like 1

• Acebassmusic changed the title to Demeter HBP1-800D Bass Pre/Power Amp - Price Drop, Now £900!
  • 1 month later...
  • Acebassmusic changed the title to Demeter HBP1-800D Bass Pre/Power Amp - Price Drop, ** Withdrawn **