Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD PENDING USUAL!! HandBox R-400 - *SOLD*
£425
Taunton UK

Everything works as it should and overall in vgc, although I have repaired some light cosmetic damage (now hardly visible but reflected in the asking price). Comes with a cover tailor-made by Mrs Scrumpy and I've added rubber feet to the end opposite the carrying handle to protect it from scuffs when put down on the floor. Price excludes delivery but will travel a sensible distance for handover or pack well for collection if buyer arranges/pays for courier.

DSC_0208.JPG

DSC_0210.JPG

DSC_0215.JPG

DSC_0218.JPG

DSC_0219.JPG

DSC_0221.JPG

DSC_0225.JPG

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Mike, might be worth showing a pic of the control panel. I'm guessing you forgot that one.

Fantastic price for a great bit of kit.

GLWTS

Dave

Dohhh, well spotted Dave.

DSC_0368.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RikiB said:

Love the look of this thing,sad it’s only 400 watts though. If it was 800 I would’ve taken it.

Not heard of Hand box 

These are plenty loud for gigs. Ask @wateroftyne

Oh and here's a 43 page thread on Handbox amps (short version: high quality, hand made amps with valve front end, such as R400, or all-valve such as WB100) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RikiB said:

Love the look of this thing,sad it’s only 400 watts though. If it was 800 I would’ve taken it.

Not heard of Hand box 

As Clarky says, plenty loud enough into 4 Ohms for any venue you're likely to play without a house PA.

Bought this when I was playing through 2 x 8Ohm cab's as a back-up for my Mesa TT-800 and it was fine. The only reason I'm selling is that nowadays I'm using a single LFSys Monaco 8Ohm cab which effectively halves the power output of the amp.

Fyi, there's a dedicated HandBox topic on here started by Wateroftyne.

Not trying to persuade you btw 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Clarky said:

These are plenty loud for gigs. Ask @wateroftyne

Oh and here's a 43 page thread on Handbox amps (short version: high quality, hand made amps with valve front end, such as R400, or all-valve such as WB100) 

Just now, wateroftyne said:

It’s 400 Class AB watts. It’ll handle anything you throw at it.

Well done guys, you beat me to it!

Had a wee shot of WoT's in his back garden and believe me it was bloomin loud. It has that valve warmth from the pre-amp and a nice clear tone. No muddiness and i'd rate it pretty similar to my Mesa Mpulse 600 in tone.

When you search the interweb on these amps they are not short of volume. 

Dave

1 hour ago, RikiB said:

Not heard of Hand box 

I can personally testify to bags of power and tone for any gig. I use it with 2 x super compacts and will blow the first 3 rows away if required. A 4 ohm cab stated earlier would have same desired effect, no problem. Best amp l have ever used and after 50 years of playing lve used a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RikiB said:

What is the width not including the rubber feet of the head please?

As viewed sitting flat like you use it, the overall dim's are: H=12.5cms; W=44cms; D= 34cms.

Removing front cover reduces D by 5cms

Removing rubber feet reduces H and/or W by 1.5cms

If you remove the feet from the bottom, the spring-loaded carry handle will sit just less than 1.5cms below the bottom surface of the case.

15 minutes ago, RikiB said:

Bugger just realised this can’t run 2x4 ohm cabs. Looks great though good luck with it

Just seen your last message. No worries, at least we've got the detailed measurements out there 😊

Edited by scrumpymike

On 23/06/2023 at 20:38, scrumpymike said:

Everything works as it should and overall in vgc, although I have repaired some light cosmetic damage (now hardly visible but reflected in the asking price). Comes with a cover tailor-made by Mrs Scrumpy and I've added rubber feet to the end opposite the carrying handle to protect it from scuffs when put down on the floor. Price excludes delivery but will travel a sensible distance for handover or pack well for collection if buyer arranges/pays for courier.

DSC_0208.JPG

DSC_0210.JPG

DSC_0215.JPG

DSC_0218.JPG

DSC_0219.JPG

DSC_0221.JPG

DSC_0225.JPG

I am loving the cover you have made for it.  Are you a needlecraft expert in your spare time?  The amp is brilliant too.  I love mine, and everyone is right...it is not a quiet amp.  Fantastic vintage sounds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 25/06/2023 at 12:28, Piers_Williamson said:

I am loving the cover you have made for it.  Are you a needlecraft expert in your spare time?  The amp is brilliant too.  I love mine, and everyone is right...it is not a quiet amp.  Fantastic vintage sounds

Cannot tell a lie - it's all Mrs Scrumpy's work. Actually, she's done loads of covers for my stuff and saved us a fortune. If you're carrying stuff in your own car, doubled-up curtain material from a charity shop does the job nicely, even for small cab's.

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• scrumpymike changed the title to ON HOLD PENDING USUAL!! HandBox R-400