Why become a member? ×

Who Is Responsible ?

petetexas

Hi all ,

Who is responsible when you order something online saying next day delivery, they send it , but you have not received it seven days later (still waiting at present time )

I know its the post office who are actually handling the goods , but does that mean that once the company post it , their obligation to supply it to you is over ?

Pete

4 minutes ago, petetexas said:

Hi all ,

Who is responsible when you order something online saying next day delivery, they send it , but you have not received it seven days later (still waiting at present time )

I know its the post office who are actually handling the goods , but does that mean that once the company post it , their obligation to supply it to you is over ?

Pete

I would say it’s up to the seller until it’s actually delivered. Their choice of courier and until it’s in your hands, you’ve paid for summat you haven’t received. 

Edited by How1
  • Like 2

Assuming it`s Royal Mail that`s handling it does the companies blurb say Guaranteed Next Day Delivery or is what they charge for First Class post, which has an aim for the next working day but if it doesn`t fulfill that aim, well it just failed. Whichever way it`s the sellers responsibility of course but it does depend upon what service they`ve advertised on re delivery - re Guaranteed Delivery in the case of an item not being delivered the next working day they can claim to Royal Mail, re First Class they can`t.

i have just had a desk delivered which was special delivery next day, it arrived 4 days later, the girl that dropped it off said its been lying at the warehouse as no one wanted to take it cus it was big, she came in on the monday and dropped it round and she said that even though the tracking notice said, " we tried to deliver your parcel but there was no on in and no safe place to put it, we will be in contact next working day to rearrange delivery," it was a lie as no one attempted the delivery in the first place and i should get my money back through the seller. so.. it seems they do this non delivery tracking notice in a bid to save there own donkey, and dont really care as most people wont clame back the cost anyway.

"next day delivery"  bahhh.... i have never had anything next day delivered, i have bought from adverts that say it, but i have never had it.

Edited by funkgod