Why become a member? ×

did you know you can haggle a few quid off onkine orders with Thomann (and i'm sure others)

lidl e

4 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I always used to haggle for stuff of all kinds, but it's better if you're face to face in person, in a shop or whatever and you're waving cash at them 😁

i just send them this.

"As an authorised dealer of all the well-known manufacturers and the music shop with the largest mail order volume we have the best possible purchasing conditions with official distributors!

Our prices are calculated to a realistic level and you can count on us working hard every single day in order to get you the best possible prices.

However, if you do find a better price elsewhere drop us a quick email to see if we are able to price match.

Remember in addition to our fair prices you also get added extras like our 30-day money back guarantee and 3 year warranty as well as unbiased advice from experts who personally use our gear."

on my last purchase i didnt even so them it cheaper, just asked ifmthey'd meet or beat €359 when listed at €369. Got me thhat stealth retainer for 5 quid

Edited by lidl e

8 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I always used to haggle for stuff of all kinds, but it's better if you're face to face in person, in a shop or whatever and you're waving cash at them 😁

Sadly used to be the case, but I’ve found these days waving cash doesn’t achieve the same result,

in shops anyway. For private sales then cash can be a bargaining tool, but the gradual demise of

cash and the upsurge in plastic will maybe soon put an end to this too. 🤬

2 minutes ago, casapete said:

Sadly used to be the case, but I’ve found these days waving cash doesn’t achieve the same result,

in shops anyway. For private sales then cash can be a bargaining tool, but the gradual demise of

cash and the upsurge in plastic will maybe soon put an end to this too. 🤬

Sadly true, I use cash for everything I can tho, I think it's important to keep cash going. 

19 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Sadly true, I use cash for everything I can tho, I think it's important to keep cash going. 

Cash will be around for a while yet, but the ease and convenience of digital alternatives will see it’s gradual demise.

Banks are trying to make cash more and more difficult...

In our shop it's now cheaper for us to take cards (debit at least) than cash. Shopping around for merchant services got us a great deal, and now that our local post office is closed we have to drive into town to bank cash. So we have to pay a cash deposit fee, plus a counting fee, plus paying for parking and whatever the time taken costs!

40 minutes ago, casapete said:

Found this someone posted on FB a while ago. Don’t agree with all of it, but some fair points made.

IMG_3202.jpeg

If all crypto, digital banks like revolut and wise, paypal, gold and other mediums of exchange are shut down by governments and central banks alongside all fiat currencies then the above may be valid. Otherwise it’s just a bit alarmist. Society may well phase out cash for the same reasons that barter became unpopular. It’s just a bit inconvenient to carry a chicken around.

Edited by tegs07

5 hours ago, casapete said:

Found this someone posted on FB a while ago. Don’t agree with all of it, but some fair points made.

IMG_3202.jpeg

There is a counter argument to most of those things though. e.g. Prepaid debit cards that don't need a bank accounts, safe methods of money transfer, cheap/simple tap payment devices, vouchers etc. 

• Like 1