Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Tony Franklin Fretless Precison

wateroftyne

*SOLD*

Yes yes yes.. I know, I know...

Aaaanyway... beautiful & rare USA Precision, built to Tony Franklin's specs. Buffered P/J circuit, ebony board, Hipshot D-tuner.

[b]Loads more photos later in the thread![/b]
(it's the one on the right!)

[url="http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0190085806"]Here's the shizzle on the Fender website[/url].

Here's a clip of me playing it, going though the pickup configs. Bear in mind these are ancient flats (my taste) - with new rounds I imagine it would sing like a bird!

And here's Mr. Franklin playing one like it should be played, with a little background info:

There's nothing at all wrong with this bass - it's immaculate. It sounds and feels exactly like I want it to, but rather than keep it I've decided to splash out on a Franklin-alike neck for my 'ol '71, and retire the original neck. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=46215"]Here's the whole saga....[/url]

I believe Fender have just ramped the prices up on these to around £1500+, if you can find one. I'd like what I paid a few weeks ago - £950. Collection would be good, but I'll post it in the UK for about 30 quid. it comes with original Fender tolex hard case.

More photos coming soon.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Toodle pip!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='476491' date='Apr 30 2009, 11:11 PM']I had a blast on this bass yesterday... tone, action, weight are all spot on and it is lush![/quote]

I also had a go on this bass yesterday....tone, action, weight are all spot on and it is lush!

(Can you pay direct into my account WoT? - I don't do Paypal)

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='476502' date='Apr 30 2009, 11:23 PM']I also had a go on this bass yesterday....tone, action, weight are all spot on and it is lush!

(Can you pay direct into my account WoT? - I don't do Paypal)[/quote]
Alas I have no beans.. why d'ya think I'm selling this?

I can repay you via the medium of charm and wit, though. Is that OK?

It might take a while, mind.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='476491' date='Apr 30 2009, 11:11 PM']I had a blast on this bass yesterday... tone, action, weight are all spot on and it is lush![/quote]

There you go then, Jon. Forget about a Sadowsky or getting a Custom Build Jazz-just buy this off Michael. :)

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='476528' date='Apr 30 2009, 11:39 PM']There you go then, Jon. Forget about a Sadowsky or getting a Custom Build Jazz-just buy this off Michael. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I'll borrow that rusty hacksaw off ya mate; Bob's your uncle F*nny's your aunt I'll have a chuffin great fretted bass... Hmm possibly not if you've seen my DIY skills! :)

[quote name='MB1' post='476957' date='May 1 2009, 01:00 PM']MB1. :)
.....A lots changed since his Golfing Days!...[/quote]I remember seeing him get a hole in one when I was about 4 or 5.
I don't like his blonde hi-lites though, makes him look like the bloke out of Blue Murder.