Why become a member? ×

I think I'm there at last (for now...)

asingardenof

Inspired by, and not wanting to hijack, @Smanth's similar thread, I've finally reached a point with my rig where I can take a breather before I allow myself to succumb to GAS again. It's come somewhat earlier than planned thanks to an amp failure at the weekend, but behold (and please ignore the mess in the room)! At some point I might want to add another Two10S as a backup for the current one, or to supplement it if we start playing larger gigs, and I will be looking for something like a Trace Elliot Elf as a backup for the ABM, but I think I'm happy with my amp, cab, pedal and instrument menagerie for now (the Sire also does the job but it's still in its case downstairs at the moment). It's a nice feeling that any future purchases will be just for fun rather than necessity, e.g. do I need a 5-string/fretless/etc., how many other pedals can I experiment with, and so on.

PXL_20230408_161950120.jpg

(No, the amp and cab aren't plugged in as my practice setup is through the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 you might be able to make out in the heap on the desk and out through headphones.)

Edited by asingardenof
Added final paragraph
  • Like 6

I love it when people say stuff like this then somebody else posts a photo of the new Fenderson Gibfandango in candy apple purple and all your best intentions go out of the window as the GAS rushes in.

Let's see how long this lasts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I love it when people say stuff like this then somebody else posts a photo of the new Fenderson Gibfandango in candy apple purple and all your best intentions go out of the window as the GAS rushes in.

Fortunately being absolutely skint is also a good remedy for GAS 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Candy Apple Purple? Sounds cool. I first thought you had made it up but guess what, there IS a bass in that colour - The 2020 Rickenbacker 4003 Candy Apple Purple Limited Edition and now I know who came up with the name 😉

"We are excited to introduce our new 2020 Rickenbacker Fab Gear Limited Edition Candy Apple Purple 4003 Model Bass. This is a Fab Gear exclusive, a limited edition run of only 30 numbered basses are being made for us. The stunning new Candy Apple Purple finish was inspired by the late 60’s Mopar muscle car color Plum Crazy Purple, a fabulous color Rickenbacker has never before issued, and is an exclusive for Andy Babiuk’s Fab Gear! We worked directly with our good friends at Rickenbacker, to design this super cool, limited-edition bass, and chose some ultra-cool specs like: checkerboard binding, vintage knobs, vintage nameplate, vintage toaster pickup in the neck, and more!"

CAP.thumb.jpg.641fffb077e579daad35a6ed8d4c26d1.jpg

• Haha 1

Ahhh…..how many times have I posted that I’m GAS free on this forum down the years…… sigh.

After buying yet another “best bass I’ve ever had” ……. I’d be fully content with my setup for about a week….. max, before it started all over again. 

Gear…….Better than sex, better than cake, better than everything. It never ends my friends, it never ends.

• Haha 1