Why become a member? ×

Flexible IEC mains cables, where?

ossyrocks

Every IEC mains cable I have is as stiff as a board, doesn't uncoil, and lies kinked and spiraling from the amp to the socket.

Where can I get some nice slinky flexible ones from?

First world problems!

Rob

• Like 1

The H07F cable Bigguy links to above is 3 x 2.5mm which sounds more than a touch hefty to me. I have a trailing mains cable in the same stuff but 3 x 1.5mm and while it's great for the job I'd want something more flexible in an IEC cable. Custom Lynx use H07F but in a 3 x 1mm and my guess is it'll be pretty good.  No affiliation yadda yadda. https://custom-lynx.co.uk/product-category/power-mains-cables/iec-cables/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KK Jale said:

The H07F cable Bigguy links to above is 3 x 2.5mm which sounds more than a touch hefty to me. I have a trailing mains cable in the same stuff but 3 x 1.5mm and while it's great for the job I'd want something more flexible in an IEC cable. Custom Lynx use H07F but in a 3 x 1mm and my guess is it'll be pretty good.  No affiliation yadda yadda. https://custom-lynx.co.uk/product-category/power-mains-cables/iec-cables/

They are exactly what I’m looking for, cheers.

Late to the party but i went to Kenable for the same reason.  My 2 x PA cab mains leads were stiff as a local councillor, and i needed 6 metres x 2.

The Kenable cables that turned up were fabulous and cheaper than  Lynx

• Like 2

On 14/04/2023 at 06:14, fleabag said:

The Kenable cables that turned up were fabulous and cheaper than  Lynx

Good to know that Chinese cables can feel like quality, I've saved 'em for a future try-out. 👍

Edited by KK Jale
  • Like 1