Why become a member? ×

Hello from Solingen,Germany

smithy

After 2 years of visiting this site I finally decided to sign up.

I´m Thomas, started playing bass 7 years ago just because to cure and train my right hand after a tendon injury.

It seems it was one of the best decisions in my almost 60 years on earth.

Now it´s my passion.

Preferred band is Free, of course preferred bassplayer Andy Fraser.

(Have mercy with my english - I´ll try to improve)

Cheers Thomas

Edited by smithy
wrong spelling
  • Like 1

Thanks,

as i´m no pro and I think I never will be one, my basses are of the budget range. A Squier Vintage modified Jazz, a Harley Benton semi hollow, a Harley Benton Kit P bass, a no name Jazz bass and a Hofner Shorty.

Budget, but they do make me happy.

• Like 1

Welcome tho BassChat. I hope you make lots of friends here. Don’t worry about coming late to bass, I started at 55 and was gigging regularly within a couple of years. Amazing what you can get away with if you can hit the root note on the first beat of the bar. 😀

Thanks,

2 hours ago, Phil Starr said:

I started at 55 and was gigging regularly within a couple of years.

Well- because of my job it´s hard to find a band to play, let alone to gig with. But WWW is your friend and makes it possible to play with every band in the world. Let´s praise that brave new world.

2 hours ago, Ralf1e said:

No knives allowed here.

How did you know, I´m a bladesmith and had my tendon cut with a knife (shame on me)?

Edited by smithy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, smithy said:

Thanks,

Well- because of my job it´s hard to find a band to play, let alone to gig with. But WWW is your friend and makes it possible to play with every band in the world. Let´s praise that brave new world.

How did you know, I´m bladesmith and cut my tendon with a knife (shame on me)?

I used to sell antiques and collectables' Old Solingen cutlery was always desirable before the invasion of fakes from the far east.

Welcome sir...

Some advice?? Check out the Modding thread that's running at the moment and stay away from the market place. Guaranteed way to break the bank balance and lose space at home. Don't feel obliged to become part of a shipping chain to get items from Thomann to the UK either - that could become a new career. 👍👍