Why become a member? ×

For sale 1966 Fender Jazz Bass - *SOLD*
£5500
London N1

mckendrick

BASS NOW SOLD 

*Further items will be posted later*

Due to severe illness it's regretable that I have to part with my basses.

First up is this 1966 Fender Jazz Bass in Candy Apple Red with matching headstock.

This was valued at £9,000 with a resale value of £7,500

Two issues with this:

1.  There is a quarter turn left in the truss rod and minor curvature in the neck.  I have been quoted (by Gerald at 'No Tom') a maximum figure of £500 to rectify this although the problem is not perceived as being so major and would likely cost much, much less than that.   The curvature isn't bad and has remained static for the last twenty-two years. The bass in eminently playable.

2. The pickguard is not original: the original had been engraved and had (had) the top bout removed.  The current pickguard was made by request to the Fender workshop when they had the warehouse and workshop in Hendon in the late 1990's.

To compensate for costing these issues I am letting the bass go at £5,500.

The bass is otherwise all original with no refinishing

I don't have the health or the means to make any more pictures but feel free to come to my flat and inspect the instrument.

Due to my health and the security risk to me there would be a second person present.

To be clear I WILL NOT BE POSTING THIS OUT, THIS IS COLLECTION ONLY from LONDON N1

1,.jpg

1, 2, 3 and 6.jpg

1 in action.jpg

Edited by mckendrick
Bad spelling. Duh.
  • Like 14

• mckendrick changed the title to NOW SOLD For sale 1966 Fender Jazz Bass NOW SOLD