Why become a member? ×

Warwick RockBass Streamer NT neck-through 5-string. £550 - *SOLD*
£600
Brighton

nige1968

IMG_1855.thumb.JPG.f07ce6dd01976a0d2a7f12b78f504ffe.JPG

Need to pay for new bass and have no money, therefore this is for sale. If I say it's my regular gigging bass, don't be put off -- only done a handful of gigs since I got it.

Anyway, here's a 2018 RockBass Streamer NT 5-string, made with something approximating love in the People's Republic.

The useless RB preamp has been switched out for a proper 3-band MEC job from the Warwick shop, along with the proper Warwick chrome knobs. The work was done by the legend that is Bernie Goodfellow, who also did the setup (Low E to high C). The "inlays" on the fretboard are stickers, as are the glow-in-the-dark bits. I'll take them off before sale unless you like them for some reason.

The only mark on it is a scratch in the varnish, which looks like this:

IMG_1857.thumb.JPG.c96211f0db39579d1d4cfdb58e5ee506.JPG

Here's the back:

IMG_1856.thumb.JPG.2930560273b8b2a717def2438c0b1288.JPG

The bass is in Hove and will be supplied with a RockBag (it didn't come with one, so purists can feel free to decline it!)

I'm not mad keen to post, as I haven't a spare hard case to post it in -- as you may know, it's pretty much impossible to get any courier to insure basses for the correct value, especially in a gig bag. And you'll want a cup of tea while you test it out. So pick up is hugely preferred, but if that's the only hurdle let me know and I'll see what can be done.

Sorry, I won't send it overseas.

Price is firm. Trades-wise, only thing I'm looking for is a Barefaced BB2 but cash is still very much king.

Hit me with your vexed questions.

Edited by nige1968
Updated re trades and postage
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • nige1968 changed the title to Warwick RockBass Streamer NT neck-through 5-string. £550

Apologies all, I haven't looked at this for a week or so, having failed to set email alerts etc etc, sorry.

On 05/06/2023 at 19:45, Raslee said:

What is the weight please?

I've tried the time-honoured trick of standing on the Mrs' scales both with and without the bass. Unfortunately the scales can't even get my weight consistent. However, it keeps telling me around the 4kg mark, so given that my own weight is a bit less than usual I'd estimate 4.5kg (8 or 9lb). That feels about right in all honesty.

On 06/06/2023 at 09:17, k-sad said:

Buy yourself an octaver ;)

Got loads. Wanna buy one? 😬

• 2 weeks later...

That looks lovely ... and I live in Hove!

But sadly experience has taught me (read: repeatedly hit me about the head!) that anything more than 30 inch scale just is not for me :(

GLWTS!

S'manth x

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2pods said:

Love it.

Pity it's a 5 string.  I've already got one I don't use.

:(

For an extra £100 I can always take one of the strings off ...

No worries, thanks for looking.

• Haha 3

Still here. I'll do it for £500 for Basschat people only (plus cost of your chosen delivery service if required).

Still available more expensively elsewhere if you prefer, of course ...

Edited by nige1968

Just a thought, but the preamp in this costs £200+ to get from Warwick. So, if you just want the preamp I can happily supply an awful RockBass 2-band pre along with this bass. Then all you have to do is swap them round, keep the pre and sell on the bass for £350 and you're laughing.

I don't think I'm being serious, but you never know.

• nige1968 changed the title to Warwick RockBass Streamer NT neck-through 5-string. £550 Sold