Why become a member? ×

P45 (the band - not the document)

4 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

They had an ad recently on gumtree for a bass player, I watched a few videos and they look ok 

Yes, I'm supposed to be auditioning for them later this month. The group chat has taken a weird turn though and I'm now wondering a) what am I letting myself in for and b) why did the previous bass player leave.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Ah cool, I tried to do a bit of research but I don’t do facebook and some of the other sites so couldn’t really find out much 

Everything seems to be driven by Facebook/Messenger these days. As soon as I handed over my mobile number I was added to a What's App Chat Group and things went on from there.

I'm no big fan of social media. I have Instagram and Twitter, but how they actually work is still a bit of a mystery to me.

• Like 1

I saw their ad on Join My Band and i'm well inside their catchment area and did think about messaging them....

The band webpage seems to show them a bass player AND a guitarist light...

After reading the above i dont think ill take it any further.....

18 minutes ago, ozzy138 said:

I saw their ad on Join My Band and i'm well inside their catchment area and did think about messaging them....

The band webpage seems to show them a bass player AND a guitarist light...

After reading the above i dont think ill take it any further.....

Yes, I was just about to ask them if there would be a guitarist present at the audition, but we seem to have stalled after me asking what songs they wanted me to play.

8 hours ago, Shaggy said:

When I saw the thread title I assumed that P45 had to be a UB40 tribute act where the band members actually have jobs.......(honestly!)

(You have to be very old to understand that one 🤔)

It is a play on UB40 and they do cover Food For Thought among others. Their main gig is as an originals band that also do covers. Their album is on most streaming platforms. It’s not bad if you’re into ska type stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/03/2023 at 15:04, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Everything seems to be driven by Facebook/Messenger these days. As soon as I handed over my mobile number I was added to a What's App Chat Group and things went on from there.

I'm no big fan of social media. I have Instagram and Twitter, but how they actually work is still a bit of a mystery to me.

Sorry about that.