Why become a member? ×

On Hold Pending Sandberg VS4 Heavy Relic price includes uk shipping - *SOLD*
£1335
Wirral

Grezza 1

Part ex also considered towards sale, especially medium or short scale, try me !

Stunning Heavy Relic California VS4 in mint condition 
Spec: 
BODY
Body wood
Alder
Color
Marley Blue Hardcore Aged
NECK
Neck
Maple
Fingerboard
Rosewood 
Frets
Fretsize
2.7 mm
Strings
Headstock
Matching 
Nut
39.5 mm
Tuning
Standard
Position Inlays
Mop block markers 
ELECTRONICS
Pre amp
Sandberg 2-band, active / passive, passive tone control
Pickups
Sandbergs Split Coil
Hardware
Chrome
Bridge Spacing
19 to 20.5mm

Here’s the Bass Buddha’s thoughts:

“The VS4 is a P-bass on steroids! In Active Mode it’s a bass that’s more open and powerful than a normal P-bass, but when you play it in Passive Mode the sound turns into unmistakably classic P-bass with a beautiful sound that takes you back to the golden age of the 60s and 70s.
The body construction is made of alder and the fingerboard is rosewood which makes it light and gives a very balanced tone throughout the whole frequency range.

The neck is more narrow than a normal P bass, which makes it very comfortable and the tone just pops out at you with ease.

The bass’ single pickup is a split-coil from Sandberg, which brings the bass alive no matter if you play active or passive.

The preamp is Sandberg’s own 2-band EQ Active/Passive, which plays a pivotal part in that classic Sandberg sound.

In the Active Mode, the preamp is Volume, Treble, Bass, while in Passive Mode it’s just Volume and Tone while the third is deactivated.”

9F450B03-8096-4401-8680-C7474B0F57F8.thumb.jpeg.4bd0c1d4428a41a5c1d4ad1b1ea4752a.jpegF6306F83-1080-41B1-B12B-5F5478BE10A7.thumb.jpeg.68b028289e894c5070a04ff7491a67be.jpeg2E3DB865-AAF3-4E3B-AD6B-112496B313D2.jpeg.1ec225fcf3df602c07b06e766a3fc743.jpeg

Edited by Grezza 1
Update
  • Like 15

6 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

I have an 'unreliced' maple board one and it is a great bass.  

Not sure on the weight of yours but iirc mine isn't even 7 1/2lb

Thanks Warwick 👍 yes 100% it’s a really smooth player for sure 👌 mine is a bit heavier at 8 1/4 lb but so well balanced that you can’t really feel it.

3 hours ago, dub_junkie said:

Lovely looking bass. You have (had) a fair number of superb Sandbergs. 

Marley blue was the finish I kept going for on their configurator. 

GLWTS!

Thanks Keir, how’s it been going? yes I’ve definitely been spoilt for choice mate! 
it’s a stunner for sure and I just know that I’ll miss it when it goes 😢

• 2 weeks later...
  • Grezza 1 changed the title to On Hold Pending Sandberg VS4 Heavy Relic price includes uk shipping
  • Grezza 1 changed the title to Sold Sandberg VS4 Heavy Relic price includes uk shipping