Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Possible restoration project of a very rare bass

NikNik

23 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Looks like a decent resto project, they've not hacked it about by the looks, mainly a refinish and some bits needed. Don't know how much they want for it tho...? 

Well, the bridge is gone and I can't figure out if the pots are still in situ, Binding appears to be coming away and has lost a section; the scratchplate - the bulbous-end type - is incomplete. And what condition is the neck? Perhaps 'butchered' was a tad unfair.

• NikNik changed the title to Possible restoration project of a very rare bass
2 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

Bridge may be lurking under the scratch plate, with strings attached as they all look to be heading that way... and although broken, looks like the bit is there for making a template.

Yeh, I see it now, now that I'm on a laptop. I'm in contact with the guy about it.

Maybe the binding is all there, just come unglued... no real reason the neck should be damaged... If the pickups read OK, New loom @KiOgon...  Knobs, @TheGreek

Had a box of odds n sods, maybe some vintage looking ones or speedknobs... Earlpilanz for a plate, prolly £30, unless you get a blank from Aliexpress for less than a tenner... Sand down the body and Natural Oil finish, for cheap easy and best...

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulThePlug said:

Maybe the binding is all there, just come unglued... no real reason the neck should be damaged... If the pickups read OK, New loom @KiOgon...  Knobs, @TheGreek

Had a box of odds n sods, maybe some vintage looking ones or speedknobs Earlpilanz for a plate, prolly £30, unless you get a blank from Aliexpress for less than a tenner... Sand and Natural Oil finish, for cheap easy and best...

And the 'burst is still there, under whatever that shid is, primer/paint.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

Had a box of odds n sods, maybe some vintage looking ones or speedknobs... Earlpilanz for a plate, prolly £30, unless you get a blank from Aliexpress for less than a tenner... Sand down the body and Natural Oil finish, for cheap easy and best...

If I have any parts that will help I'm happy to donate to the cause. 

Not sure if you followed the thread for my Silk Bass. It was probably in worse condition than this but @Andyjr1515managed to make a silk purse from a pigs ear.

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 2