Why become a member? ×

Yamaha trb Mark 1 5-string (Japan)
£850
London

joe_geezer

Hi!

I'm selling a Yamaha TRB 5 string Mk 1 version, plays great, has one small mark by the back pickup (see pic) but apart from that is mint.

Excellent weight, not heavy at all, plays like a dream, super low action.

Is the famous Mark 1 version, so made in Japan.

Selling for £850 as that it was i paid for it on ebay in 2021  (see pic of the ebay receipt).

London pick up preferred.

pic3.jpeg

pic4.jpeg

pic5.jpeg

pic6.jpeg

pick1.jpeg

pick2.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 15.54.58.png

Edited by joe_geezer
  • Like 11

Hey geezer, I was wondering; Since the TRB series often sports two single-coil pickups with one "ghost" coil to cancel hum - wich side are the active pickups on this one? Some models go with both hot coils pointing to the bridge. Other models have the bridge pickup's hot side to the bridge, and the neck pickup's side to the neck. Could you just check by tapping some metal on the connected bass and see wich side of the pickups are hot and what their position is?

27 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnson said:

Hey geezer, I was wondering; Since the TRB series often sports two single-coil pickups with one "ghost" coil to cancel hum - wich side are the active pickups on this one? Some models go with both hot coils pointing to the bridge. Other models have the bridge pickup's hot side to the bridge, and the neck pickup's side to the neck. Could you just check by tapping some metal on the connected bass and see wich side of the pickups are hot and what their position is?

I can confirm the magnets are towards the bridge side on both pickups.

On 22/02/2023 at 09:43, joe_geezer said:

I'm in Tooting Mike but i'm prepared to travel within the London area

Thanks for letting me know. I'm in North Essex, wouldn't mind a play really as I love TRBS but I remember the string spacing on my 6er was very wide and I need slightly tighter 5 strings due to my small hands (don't ask why I had a six string!!). 

Normally I'm all over doing gigs and could swing by but don't have much your way in the near future and I don't really have any days off!

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/02/2023 at 10:43, Mike said:

Thanks for letting me know. I'm in North Essex, wouldn't mind a play really as I love TRBS but I remember the string spacing on my 6er was very wide and I need slightly tighter 5 strings due to my small hands (don't ask why I had a six string!!). 

Normally I'm all over doing gigs and could swing by but don't have much your way in the near future and I don't really have any days off!

If you don't like wide neck 5 strings then this bass is not for you. If you like Fender string spacing then this is the bass!  

• 2 weeks later...