Why become a member? ×

Foot Stool for practising Bass

Wellsyboy

Does anyone on here use a foot stool for practising bass? Saw a Bubby Lewis workshop a few days ago and he described practising with the bass on a raised left. He crosses the left foot onto the right knee which (sadly) I can manage for long any more. Any recommendations?

I'm not an expert on this, but think I've seen reports of acoustic guitar players having back problems if they regularly use a footstool due to the uneven set of hips & back.

As a result some now prefer to keep both feet on the floor, and then use a rest or cushion if the guitar needs to be held up higher

I bought a cheap shaped 'guitar rest' cushion online and this seems to do the job well -except for the strap that is meant to hold it in on your leg being far too short. I just don't use the strap and it is fine. Search for Andoer Guitar Cushion and you should be able to find something similar through your retailer of choice. 

• Like 1