Why become a member? ×

Warwick tubepath 10.1

danbowskill

On 09/04/2023 at 18:16, la bam said:

They do look great amps those. Such a shame swr, warwick etc have disappeared. They did some cracking stuff.

Like a lot of bass amp manufacturers, they either didn't keep up with the quest for lightweight gear, or tried and missed the mark.

I have to say, I do kinda miss "proper" amps...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, eude said:

There's one of the big boys at the Bass Gallery...

https://thebassgallery.com/products/warwick-pro-tube-ix

I think that's their previous flagship to this....but if it's anything similar to mine (I see it has that valve powering a mini transformer as well) 👌.

I've had many top shelf amps over the years but this is the first to sound perfect with all eq knobs flat (for me)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

I think that's their previous flagship to this....but if it's anything similar to mine (I see it has that valve powering a mini transformer as well) 👌.

I've had many top shelf amps over the years but this is the first to sound perfect with all eq knobs flat (for me)

I think you're right.

The Warwick stuff was always nice, I wonder why they lost their way.

I really hope that amp manufacturers start trying to make compact amps with old school solid state power stages, like the Mesa Walkabout.

I know Class D stuff has improved massively, but in the cheaper stuff it's just a bit pants still...

Anyway, I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for one of their old 1x10 combos of old for home use, o e of the Wamp ones.

4 hours ago, eude said:

I think you're right.

The Warwick stuff was always nice, I wonder why they lost their way.

I really hope that amp manufacturers start trying to make compact amps with old school solid state power stages, like the Mesa Walkabout.

I know Class D stuff has improved massively, but in the cheaper stuff it's just a bit pants still...

Anyway, I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for one of their old 1x10 combos of old for home use, o e of the Wamp ones.

Yeah it's a shame really , just mainly seems to be either micro class D or big valve heads for sale new these days. I had a handbox R400 which was a fantastic old school (tube pre) head in a mini package...just a shame it didn't have a little more juice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

I have one of these. Excellent piece of kit. 

warwick-x-treme-10-1-41420.jpg

1000w seems really excessive I thought...but it's really not,they have lovely slow increase on the volume knob and having that extra power gives it a lovely punch and clarity.... I might be wrong 😂

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/04/2023 at 21:48, danbowskill said:

Yeah it's a shame really , just mainly seems to be either micro class D or big valve heads for sale new these days. I had a handbox R400 which was a fantastic old school (tube pre) head in a mini package...just a shame it didn't have a little more juice.

How much do you need.  Mine hits the back of a room of 250 people and I really really don't have a heavy right hand at all.

And in my experience there are very very few amps that can do that.  

• 5 months later...

There’s one on marketplace for £300 which includes a 4x10 cab. They don’t seem to have a very good resale value, possibly due to the reliability issues that a number of users encountered with the 10.1. They are fantastic sounding amps, trading my 5.1 is one of the few amp regrets that I have. 

1 hour ago, ern500evo said:

There’s one on marketplace for £300 which includes a 4x10 cab. They don’t seem to have a very good resale value, possibly due to the reliability issues that a number of users encountered with the 10.1. They are fantastic sounding amps, trading my 5.1 is one of the few amp regrets that I have. 

£300 seems a silly price for what you are getting. I love this head into my Ampeg cab 👌 , it takes everything I chuck at it.

Think mine was £480 from Andertons pre owned.

I know the bass gallery has had them around the £700 mark used, but I guess if no one's interested it's a tough one to price.

The ones that are still in the wild would more than likely have no issues by now 🤷.

Apart from being booted around by the delivery driver then fixed by Andertons I've had zero issues... And it gets a massive regular workout

Edited by danbowskill

5 hours ago, danbowskill said:

£300 seems a silly price for what you are getting. I love this head into my Ampeg cab 👌 , it takes everything I chuck at it.

Think mine was £480 from Andertons pre owned.

I know the bass gallery has had them around the £700 mark used, but I guess if no one's interested it's a tough one to price.

The ones that are still in the wild would more than likely have no issues by now 🤷.

Apart from being booted around by the delivery driver then fixed by Andertons I've had zero issues... And it gets a massive regular workout

I agree, £300 for a 10.1 and a 4x 10 seems crazy cheap. I think they’re also a bit of an unknown quantity. There’s not too many of them around, so a lot of people aren’t even aware of their existence. To be honest, If I didn’t love my GK Fusion 550 so much, i’d probably buy it and then just sell the cab on 

Edited by ern500evo

1 hour ago, ern500evo said:

I agree, £300 for a 10.1 and a 4x 10 seems crazy cheap. I think they’re also a bit of an unknown quantity. There’s now too many of them around, so a lot of people aren’t even aware of their existence. To be honest, If I didn’t love my GK Fusion 550 so much, i’d probably buy it and then just sell the cab on 

The fusion 550 is one I've not tried yet but have had gas since it was released then discontinued 😒

3 hours ago, danbowskill said:

The fusion 550 is one I've not tried yet but have had gas since it was released then discontinued 😒

It’s a fantastic amp. I’d on just bought an ABM600 when a Fusion 550 came up for sale but, like you, I’d had gas for one for so long I just had to buy it. I really like my ABM, and I’d had a EBS TD650 just before that, but the first time I used the Fusion I was completely sold, it just sounds so good!