Why become a member? ×

Nice looking NotaRic

TheGreek

I guess some would buy there rather than take a risk with getting one from AE with some uncertainty and a long lead time etc.. maybe, anything rik shape seems to be stupid money now, the old 70sjap made copies I've seen advertised for more than I've paid for a real Rick in the past. 

Surprised these don't get pulled off ebay by order of that rather vindictive old geezer 😉

I'm fairly sure folk have bought just the bare wooden body/neck husk  (with no elecs or hardware etc) of these from China to do their own projects, I assume from  Ali Express sellers and the like. The "rickenfakers" group on Facebook is by all accounts a good place to get info and indeed buy and sell freely without all the usual bullsht.. I don't /won't do Facebook so going on popular heresay on this. 

Edited by Waddo Soqable

18 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I'm fairly sure folk have bought just the bare wooden body/neck husk  (with no elecs or hardware etc) of these from China to do their own projects, I assume from  Ali Express sellers and the like. The "rickenfakers" group on Facebook is by all accounts a good place to get info and indeed buy and sell freely without all the usual bullsht.. I don't /won't do Facebook so going on popular heresay on this. 

Some of the folks on this thread are members...

...incidentally, there's also a nascent "Rickenhackers" group, which is a safe haven for folks who mod their Rics and don't want to incur the wrath of the "thou shalt not mod your Ric" evangelists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prowla said:

Some of the folks on this thread are members...

...incidentally, there's also a nascent "Rickenhackers" group, which is a safe haven for folks who mod their Rics and don't want to incur the wrath of the "thou shalt not mod your Ric" evangelists.

Have you got a link or something to rickenhackers? I can't seem to find anything obvious on 'tinternet (tho I'm pretty rubbish with all that malarkey) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prowla said:

OK thanks for that, so it's another Fb thing then, there's prob a few areas that'd interest me over there but can't really bring myself to get involved with Facebook! 

From what I can see on the link they seem to be anti "faker" too... 🤨

10 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

OK thanks for that, so it's another Fb thing then, there's prob a few areas that'd interest me over there but can't really bring myself to get involved with Facebook! 

From what I can see on the link they seem to be anti "faker" too... 🤨

Yes - it's on FB; sorry that wasn't clear.

There's info in there useful for real & faker modders (wiring diagrams, sources for parts, build of a Hack-O-Sound box, etc.).

It's not really anti-faker per-se, but rather it's not looking to compete with the rickenfakers group.

1 hour ago, prowla said:

Yes - it's on FB; sorry that wasn't clear.

There's info in there useful for real & faker modders (wiring diagrams, sources for parts, build of a Hack-O-Sound box, etc.).

It's not really anti-faker per-se, but rather it's not looking to compete with the rickenfakers group.

OK, interesting to know of anyway, the little bit I could see by clicking the link seemed to be saying "no fakers" but poss different once you're "in" ;)

1 hour ago, Waddo Soqable said:

OK, interesting to know of anyway, the little bit I could see by clicking the link seemed to be saying "no fakers" but poss different once you're "in" ;)

It says no fakers, but does so in deference to the preexisting fakers group rather than for any political/moral/brand-loyalty basis.

It actually says no Trademark infringements, which is a subtle difference! 🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, prowla said:

It says no fakers, but does so in deference to the preexisting fakers group rather than for any political/moral/brand-loyalty basis.

It actually says no Trademark infringements, which is a subtle difference! 🙂

Ah fair enough.. Pity these aren't just regular forums rather than attached to the 'orrible fizzogg thing

1 hour ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Ah fair enough.. Pity these aren't just regular forums rather than attached to the 'orrible fizzogg thing

TBH, I find FB alright

I use it for these SIGs rather than the online equivalent of a holiday slides show to inflict on your friends; I've bought & sold things there, met up with people, and so-on, much like here.