Why become a member? ×

Fender jazz bass

nilorius

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Grassie said:

I've had a US Deluxe 5er, a early 2000s mexican, a Squier, a Sire but my G&L Tribute JB jazz is the best jazz I've owned. 

IMG_1913.jpg

Of course! How could it not be! You have blood in your veins 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've really tried to like the Jazz bass over the years, but just can't seem to fancy them at all.. 

I've had versions of them a few times Inc a pukka 70s one long ago ( which was horrible) also including various Squier permutations, I always rapidly think "Nah.." and get rid of them.. 

Tbh the only one I really did like was pretty much the first full size bass I had (and used in a 'proper' band) it was one of the better, tho not named, MIJ 70s copies.. black with a maple neck and black block markers, may be just romantic hindsight but that one was great! 

Unfortunately it didn't actually belong to me, and was a kind of long term loan from a mate... although he wasn't really a player as such, he ultimately wanted it back so that was the end of that one. :(

18 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I've really tried to like the Jazz bass over the years, but just can't seem to fancy them at all.. 

I've had versions of them a few times Inc a pukka 70s one long ago ( which was horrible) also including various Squier permutations, I always rapidly think "Nah.." and get rid of them.. 

Tbh the only one I really did like was pretty much the first full size bass I had (and used in a 'proper' band) it was one of the better, tho not named, MIJ 70s copies.. black with a maple neck and black block markers, may be just romantic hindsight but that one was great! 

Unfortunately it didn't actually belong to me, and was a kind of long term loan from a mate... although he wasn't really a player as such, he ultimately wanted it back so that was the end of that one. :(

Yeah- jazz bass is a big world.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I Iove all jazzes and owned far too many too make any sense.

I've had the Fender US and MIM and, nice as they were, both came and went. 

....they were no better or worse than my Squier VMJ, or maybe a case of the VMJ just fitting like a glove as they have ultra racy necks on first gens and, I'm shallow and a sucker for Maple/Maple and blocks. 

I have Yamahas modern lightweight take on a jazz too, that although slightly wider on the neck than the VMJ, is also preview.jpg.5278338f7f075d56cb3920b5a864343d.jpgvery shallow indeed and also gels with me. 

Basses to me are like Harry Potters wands, they find you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

The Lada 1200 I had gave me no worries; it was indeed a fretless. :friends:

We ragged an old Lada round a muddy and deeply rutted off road course once, it actually went better than various Land Rovers and the like, and didn't get stuck once. 

Suppose them Rooskies have bad roads back home.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Waddo Soqable said:

We ragged an old Lada round a muddy and deeply rutted off road course once, it actually went better than various Land Rovers and the like, and didn't get stuck once. 

Suppose them Rooskies have bad roads back home.. 

That'd be a Lada Niva, 4x4, then..? I didn't get stuck with my saloon car, but, then again, I didn't go stock-car racing in the fields, either, so... -_-