Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Superfly 500 with original soft case - *SOLD*
£150
Gloucestershire

MungoBass

Ashdown Superfly 500 (2 x250w) in really nice condition and complete with the original soft case. (No kettle lead).

With a 7 band eq there are plenty of tones available and then stored in one of the 99 pre-sets, although the first 10 pre-sets are factory installed and cannot be over-written.

My two favourites are 04 (known as Big Bottom by Ashdown!) and 19, see pictures. Both sound immense with a Precision wearing flats!

Collection is most welcomed so you can try the head but posting can be arranged at the buyer’s cost and risk.

Edited by MungoBass
Sold
  • Like 3

Would this work as a preamp direct into a mixing desk without going to a speaker cabinet? 

I had one of these a few years ago now but I remember it having one of the best DI sounds of any amp I've ever owned.

Edited by Davy
  • Thanks 1

On 04/01/2023 at 13:33, TheGreek said:

I had one of these - very under-rated. Also small enough for a large gig bag pocket as a back up amp. You might want to post dimensions and weight.

GLWTS

Thank you for the suggestion, I will add some details later.

On 04/01/2023 at 13:07, Davy said:

Would this work as a preamp direct into a mixing desk without going to a speaker cabinet? 

I had one of these a few years ago now but I remember it having one of the best DI sounds of any amp I've ever owned.

Looks like there’s a line out and an effects loop that can be used to send to a desk. Don’t think it will need a cab load either. The manual will be online if you want to be sure to be sure 😁

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

Looks like there’s a line out and an effects loop that can be used to send to a desk. Don’t think it will need a cab load either. The manual will be online if you want to be sure to be sure 😁

Thank you @itsmedunc.  

I’m afraid I’m very old school and have enough difficulty remembering which end of a cable to connect to the bass then amp, then amp to cab, then mains to amp......and then remembering what to turn on to make a noise!

Sorry @DavyI have therefore never even considered using this as a preamp direct into a mixer desk, so wouldn’t know.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, binky_bass said:

I had one of these too, I used it with the Ashdown Superfly 4x8 cabs, it was a great little rig! 

Oddly enough, in the pictures above, it is sitting on top of a Fender Rumble 2x8! 😁

On 04/01/2023 at 13:33, TheGreek said:

I had one of these - very under-rated. Also small enough for a large gig bag pocket as a back up amp. You might want to post dimensions and weight.

GLWTS

Dimensions are - 352 x 240 x 86mm and weight 6.9kg.

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, MungoBass said:

I didn’t know that! Thank you for the tip!

Ends up looking like this:

s36q0yy19rtbxyoslpxt.jpg

You need to add some feet and I rounded the corners off on mine, actually shaves off a decent amount of weight and the amp runs a bit cooler.

From conversations back when they were new the outer case was supposedly meant to act like a heatsink but in reality actually the amp ran a bit hotter with it on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • MungoBass changed the title to SOLD Superfly 500 with original soft case