Why become a member? ×

Any Spanish brethren who could help out a uk band with gear loan/hire in March?

andydye

Exactly this, I wondered whether we have Spanish brethren on here who could help:

1) source gear from within Spain to avoid us having to 'import' it to play shows then 'export' it again afterwards?

2) advise on places to get merch printed up (tshirts and cds)

5 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

Can't you take it in on a carnet? Will cost (£400 ish) but is the official way of taking kit across borders if it is coming back again. Doesn't help for merch though.

could do that but there'd be 4 carnets wouldn't there as there are 4 owners of the gear, that'd wipe out any chance of breaking even, budget is mega tight

• Like 1

I have no experience in this area, but I watched this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7DlM_Nc96U

He is saying duplicate list is only of use at the UK border.  I.e. you can use it to get out of and back into UK fine - but you still have the separate task of getting in and out of Spain...
From HMRC's form: "You can only use the duplicate list procedure and form C&E1246 to help with the temporary export of goods and the subsequent return of the same goods to the UK.  [...]  A customs declaration must be completed and any financial security must be given which may be required by the country to which the exporter takes the goods."