Why become a member? ×

New 2023 Ibanez Basses?

Mikey D

1 minute ago, Woodinblack said:

I had a SR2605, it was very high gloss poly:

P1140908.jpeg

Oooh... fair play - that's nice. I mean, I'd swap out the gold hardware for black, but that's no big deal. Hopefully they bring out some more along those lines at some point!

24 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

The 300 series are great too.

I had the old 600 and it was the best.

Had a SR2400 and it was amazing with the Aguilar pickups, unfortunately had to sell when my cars brakes decided to stop working :(

SR2400 in action

https://youtu.be/SaRugZfVGvo

The 1305 is my main gigging bass, a slightly modified 305 is my backup, and my old 655 is the one I'd save from a fire in the studio and leave the others to the insurance. So I'm in broad agreement, but with an extra string! 🙂 

5 hours ago, Ed_S said:

Oooh... fair play - that's nice. I mean, I'd swap out the gold hardware for black, but that's no big deal. Hopefully they bring out some more along those lines at some point!

I wouldn't, that was one of the main selling points, it was a prettier version of my SR1605 (which also has gold). Turned out in the end it wasn't sufficiently different from my 1605 to hang on to, and with the nice finish came a fear of damaging it (the 1605 is soft wood that has many scars that don't show).

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/01/2023 at 11:38, Linus27 said:

Found this today. Not the best demo but didn't sound too bad.

It's OK, but doesn't sound very "fretless" - no noticeable mwah or growl. It was the same with Ibanez's SRF7xx range. 

I'm very glad a mainstream manufacturer like Ibanez make and sell a wide range of basses and are not afraid to try new things, it's just a shame they always seem to be "unfinished". 

1 hour ago, Russ said:

It's OK, but doesn't sound very "fretless" - no noticeable mwah or growl. It was the same with Ibanez's SRF7xx range. 

I'm very glad a mainstream manufacturer like Ibanez make and sell a wide range of basses and are not afraid to try new things, it's just a shame they always seem to be "unfinished". 

Yeah, I totally agree, I didn't really sing like a fretless should.

• 2 months later...