Why become a member? ×

New Zoom Multi FX

funkydoug

2 hours ago, funkydoug said:

Zoom have launched the G2 four, and G3 Four X.
Looks like it is based on the G1 Four with more foot switches, USB interface and a new housing.

I await the release of the B2 Four …

From a quick review of the spec it seems to be a significant step up in processing power/memory from the G1 Four (and by implication the B1-4) e.g. can have up to 7 FX in the signal chain vs 5 for G1-4, 300 vs 50 memory patches, 80s vs 30s looper. But also nearly 3x the price.

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

On 22/12/2022 at 09:42, CJPJ said:

I wish they'd go for a slighlt less carbon/stealth styling on their casing - I just think it looks a less like a pro-tool and more gimicky as a result.

I have the B6 and it looks lovely. 

Maybe they're better in the flesh 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Maybe they're better in the flesh 🤷‍♂️

I had one for a short while - it's a brilliant little thing and I think it's definitely just my aesthetic taste that's the issue! I'm actually considering trying it again as I want something with a drum machine in it for practice

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CJPJ said:

I had one for a short while - it's a brilliant little thing and I think it's definitely just my aesthetic taste that's the issue! I'm actually considering trying it again as I want something with a drum machine in it for practice

The B1-4 has the Zoom drum machine, which I think is a standard set of drum patterns / rhythms that are used across quite a few of their multifx pedals. I use mine for practice, too. Will save you a few quid compared to the B6. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

The B1-4 has the Zoom drum machine, which I think is a standard set of drum patterns / rhythms that are used across quite a few of their multifx pedals. I use mine for practice, too. Will save you a few quid compared to the B6. 

Cheers - I’ll take a look 

On 26/12/2022 at 10:05, stewblack said:

Out of interest, how do you find the compressor(s)? Were I to try this again, ideally I’d use it stand alone so would consider dropping the Cali76 CB.

14 hours ago, CJPJ said:

Out of interest, how do you find the compressor(s)? Were I to try this again, ideally I’d use it stand alone so would consider dropping the Cali76 CB.

They have a good choice of comps. From the simple one button squasher to the more complex multi control style. 

I think they work very well but I've never used the Cali so can't compare. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...