Why become a member? ×

Bargain Hunt ?!

Risk101

So having been stuck at home during Covid, me and the Mrs got hooked on “Bargain Hunt” and it’s now on permanent “record”.

What’s this got to do with basses I hear you ask?!

Well has anyone else noticed the well executed and quite funky sometimes, bass riffs during the programme? I could swear whoever writes it is a bassist!

Does anyone know who’s involved?!!!

from a sad BH addict! (Well it’s cheaper than GAS!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Strangely enough, me and Mrs 2pods watched the complete "Malcolm in the Middle" on Disney+, and some of the fretless playing during the episodes (all of them) was great.

I seem to remember something about it being somebody from the UK, but I could be havering 

:scratch_one-s_head:

Edited by 2pods
context

What track are you talking about? The theme or the music beds? if.you can give me an example /date of an ep I can tell you exactly who the composer is. Im currently doing the paperwork for series 63 and 64 for my sins. I can't remember the composer of the theme (it's a duo) though the version has been rearranged by Mike mower. Track is called hot to trot on atmosphere. For the past few years all of the music is from music libraries, no commercial music used unless its a special (they then strip out commercial tracks for an international version). So many of the tracks have the word funk in the title! Some of the libraries music is really well made

45 minutes ago, Stu-khag said:

What track are you talking about? The theme or the music beds? if.you can give me an example /date of an ep I can tell you exactly who the composer is. Im currently doing the paperwork for series 63 and 64 for my sins. I can't remember the composer of the theme (it's a duo) though the version has been rearranged by Mike mower. Track is called hot to trot on atmosphere. For the past few years all of the music is from music libraries, no commercial music used unless its a special (they then strip out commercial tracks for an international version). So many of the tracks have the word funk in the title! Some of the libraries music is really well made

Hey @Stu-khag who are you responding to?

Well to answer your question @Stu-khag I’m not sure which episode as the Mrs deletes them after watching!!

That said, my point was a general one about the nature of the bass bits - and they come in at odd points throughout each episode - I wasn’t thinking of the theme tune.

So do you work/contract for the BBC then?!

Just now, Risk101 said:

Well to answer your question @Stu-khag I’m not sure which episode as the Mrs deletes them after watching!!

That said, my point was a general one about the nature of the bass bits - and they come in at odd points throughout each episode - I wasn’t thinking of the theme tune.

So do you work/contract for the BBC then?!

okey doke. 

the editors and directors tend to follow eachother music wise hence lots of bass but they tend to like using new things all the time. Im having to do some paperwork for an ep at the mo that has absolutely tonnes of music edits within it- nearly every track runs for about 5 secs! These all have to be inputted by me. (its becoming an automated system very soon)

On average there are at least 2 songs in each ep that have the word funk in the title

this one has :- 

FUNK-A-FIZE

GET-FUNKY

Been at the beeb on and off since 2007 (permanently since 2011). We are now BBC Studios as opposed to the public service part. (we now make programmes for pretty much any channel) 

• Like 1

Thanks - that sounds like a really interesting role. Hope the automation doesn’t cut you out!  The stuff that basschatters do never ceases to amaze me!

………so back to the original question, do we know who the actual bassist is (assuming it’s not programmed) or is it a whole variety of players?

17 hours ago, Risk101 said:

So having been stuck at home during Covid, me and the Mrs got hooked on “Bargain Hunt” and it’s now on permanent “record”.

What’s this got to do with basses I hear you ask?!

Well has anyone else noticed the well executed and quite funky sometimes, bass riffs during the programme? I could swear whoever writes it is a bassist!

Does anyone know who’s involved?!!!

from a sad BH addict! (Well it’s cheaper than GAS!)

As an equally sad BH addict, most of the incidental music is chart music, but whoever chooses it sometimes pulls out some quite cool stuff.