Why become a member? ×

New Barefaced Super 3rd!

fretmeister

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmHMQoes9un/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

"Super 3rd on a Super Twin. If you have a Super Twin but you’d like a 1x12XN cab for smaller gigs or a 3x12XN stack for big/outdoor gigs then the new Super 3rd is the answer.

It’s basically our awesome Super Compact reshaped for stacking on a Super Twin. Also available with a tweeter (and crossover and full HF control).

600W, 8 ohms, 97dB for the Super 3rd. This full stack is 1800W, 2.7 ohm, 101.5dB (max SPL ~134dB - stand well back and wear hearing protection!)

Oh and they’re really light in weight despite the heavyweight tone, remarkably compact and as beautifully finished as everything we make!"

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 15-10-26 Barefaced Audio on Instagram Super 3rd on a Super Twin. If you have a Super Twin but you’d like a 1x12XN cab for smaller gigs or a 3x12XN stack for big_outdoor gigs then the new Su[...].png

• Like 10

3 hours ago, fretmeister said:

I have a Super Twin but I don't have a 2 ohm capable amp. 

I'm still tempted to sell my One10 and maybe get one of these instead - just in case I get a new amp! Or for when I just want something smaller.

Yep. Me too. I've been hankering for something like this for a while. I have a gen 2 compact as well, which I leave at home at the moment. This would be an ideal replacement. My super twin lives at the studio and I gig with that. So it's either/or. Would be nice to have the option of either/or/both. 

But yeah, it would have to be a 4Ohm extension otherwise nothing doing. And my amp is 4 or 8 Ohm, which I don't have any intention of replacing at the mo. 

Edit - And £900. lol. 

Edited by bigjohn

Yep regularly use  two one 10’s with a Handbox R400 with a very loud drummer and two guitarists in just about every venue I play from small to mid size.

More than enough and front of house engineers and other band are always shocked by it.

whenever I use my big Barefaced stuff with a big amp  engineers just take it out of Front of house.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 14/12/2022 at 15:56, doomed said:

Tbh if I already had a Big Twin and wanted more I think I'd get another if I wanted to run at 2ohms that badly. Stand them side by side and let people marvel at their girth.

…and cower at their grunt 🤣

Looks like an option to sit under my BBII for a modular 1 or 2 x 12 rig at 8 or 4 ohms respectively 🤔