Why become a member? ×

Detuner Pedals?

40hz

I'm going to bite the bullet and maybe put one of these on my board, as my singer, who has an incredible range, also lacks confidence, so routinely drops songs by a tone and sometimes even further! 

Learning songs in a different key isn't difficult, per se, but it is time wasting when I don't have a lot of time to give at the moment.

Looking for opinions on what the best option is for bass? I know of the EHX Pitch and Fork and the Digitech Drop, but reviews of both for bass seems a bit middling. Anyone used anything that's truly on the button for this?

Many thanks in advance all :)

I had the Digitech Drop but didn't think it was good enough to gig. Also had a Behringer US600 which did everything very well but suffered from severe latency, so much so that it too was un-giggable. The Digitech is (to my knowledge) considered about the best available, but I didn't think it was up to the job.

• Thanks 1

Nowt wrong with the Digitech Drop and it's fine for use at live gigs, I had one on my board for several years without issues.

Until I trod on the power cable and wrecked the socket. When I went to replace it, I found out that not only was it still really quite a large pedal but also that it now costs £125.

So I bought

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/mooer-audio-pitch-box-pitch-shifter-pedal/74483?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQiAkMGcBhCSARIsAIW6d0BXTk15t1WoPXntFqXJ3g0HxUwKDN7BooljUbS0oTRNh1IGNWqAZMkaAoavEALw_wcB

Half the price and triple the functionality. And it's much smaller. No-brainer (for me) really. 

It works every bit as well as the Digitech Drop.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Nowt wrong with the Digitech Drop and it's fine for use at live gigs, I had one on my board for several years without issues.

Until I trod on the power cable and wrecked the socket. When I went to replace it, I found out that not only was it still really quite a large pedal but also that it now costs £125.

So I bought

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/mooer-audio-pitch-box-pitch-shifter-pedal/74483?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQiAkMGcBhCSARIsAIW6d0BXTk15t1WoPXntFqXJ3g0HxUwKDN7BooljUbS0oTRNh1IGNWqAZMkaAoavEALw_wcB

Half the price and triple the functionality. And it's much smaller. No-brainer (for me) really. 

It works every bit as well as the Digitech Drop.

Excellent! Thank you for that. Especially given you say it tracks as well as the drop. I'll have a look!

32 minutes ago, itu said:

Because even octavers track they way they track, have you considered a capo? I mean really, g-word players have used them for ages.

That's an idea. Rather go down the pedal route though! Thank you!

• Like 1

I have a digital stage piano that has a few different sounds you can load into it. One of them is an out of tune honky tonk piano.

im sure it has its place but it sounds flippin awful to me. 

this thread isn’t about that, but for a moment I thought it was. 
I play a lot of worship music in church where keys change all the time - just move you hand up or down the neck is easiest 

I was involved in an original music band project where the guitarist insisted on drop tuning in some weird and wonderful keys. He used a Digitech Whammy pitch shift pedal. I bought an EHX PitchFork for the bass to try and match what he was doing. Neither pedal impressed me and the Pitchfork never managed to track everything but mostly did a reasonable job. The sound quality was never great either in my opinion. It aded a sort of metallic resonance to the notes and I could definetly hear latency. In the end, even our guitarist gave up with his pitch shift pedal and settled on an extra instrument already detuned so he could swap guitars on stage when needed. For bass I just used my fingers to transpose keys on a bass tuned to concert pitch. That was a few years ago and I guess Pitch shift pedals might have moved on somewhat in processing power and sophistication but I could say it was the least used effects pedal I've ever owned!