Why become a member? ×

Where is the New Angry Music?

Doctor J

1 hour ago, MichaelDean said:

Idles are a shouty and angry band. Lovely bunch of blokes too by all accounts (that I've heard). I was at their first ever Glasto appearance back in 2019 and it was an amazing set. 

A friend of mine has worked with them and said they're a great bunch of people. No ego at all. 

He has many tales of the weird behaviour and unpleasant egos of musicians. 

Sleeford Mods sound properly angry to me. The singer has the demeanor of a man who has just been DNA tested on the Jeremy Kyle Show and the results mean he now has to surrender half his Income Support every week to an obese mother-of-three called Tracy. Let's face it, both the guys from this band are probably no strangers to their local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Maybe music doesn't sound as angry as some might expect because politics is now secondary to shopping in most people's lives. Political issues only become tangible crises when they affect the ability of the masses to buy the goods and services they want and feel they have a right to. As long as folks have access to the material things they desire they are relatively content.

Edited by Misdee