Why become a member? ×

Fender American Vintage Reissue (AVRI) '62 jazz bass (1992) with hard case and Italia suede strap - *WITHDRAWN*
£1250
Somerset (possibly London)

Richard Jinman

For sale an AVRI '62 jazz bass from 1992. I bought the bass from another player because I love this colour combination and this particular bass has some wonderful mojo. Not the artificial kind - the real, played a lot, lived a lot kind. There's an indent above the rear pickup where someone's thumbnail has sat for gig after gig. There's a belt rash patch on the rear and a fine selection of dings on the bottom edge. The bass itself feels and plays brilliantly. The pups are loud and expressive and the lovely, dark fingerboard feels effortless. The bass is wearing Thomastik Infeld flats and I'm including a lovely soft Italia strap. The hardcase is not a Fender case, but is sturdy and in good shape. This was the bass - to use the cliche - I thought I'd never sell, but I've discovered DB and don't want to play anything else (until I do and will have to buy another electric. Sigh). Serial number is V059014. 

The bass is in South Somerset, but I do come up to London fairly frequently so I could bring it to the big smoke. Obviously I'd prefer the buyer to try it before they collect it, but if that's impossible I'm open to the idea of getting a bass box and letting them organise a courier collection. This really is a lovely bass, hope someone gives her a good home. 

Tui-2.jpg

Tui-3.jpg

Tui-4.jpg

Tui-5.jpg

Tui-6.jpg

Tui-7.jpg

Tui-8.jpg

Tui-9.jpg

Tui-10.jpg

Tui-11.jpg

Tui-12.jpg

Tui-13.jpg

Tui.jpg

Edited by Richard Jinman
  • Like 17

• Richard Jinman changed the title to PENDING Fender American Vintage Reissue (AVRI) '62 jazz bass (1992) with hard case and Italia suede strap
53 minutes ago, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

Why the neck plate has been installed upside-down? Is there a special reason for this?

My understanding is that Fender employed an Australian at its plant in the early 1990s. ‘Skip’ Arthur always attached his neck plates upside down as a subtle tribute to his homeland. Either that or my tech put it back the wrong way when he adjusted the truss and I didn’t notice. 

• Like 1

• Richard Jinman changed the title to WITHDRAWN Fender American Vintage Reissue (AVRI) '62 jazz bass (1992) with hard case and Italia suede strap