Why become a member? ×

Best Drop tuning pedal for change of key on the fly

Petey

Hope you can help - I find myself in a band with an inexperienced singer (whom I have grown to be friends with) who can change the key on the night depending on how they are feeling - (tight throat - but nerves I'm thinking) - it reminds me of doing Summer Seasons in the 80s and the talent competition moment where the guests, without warning, change their key several times during a performance, then the next one does and so on...then, they turn round and blame the band...cheek of it- lol......anyway back to help request..... I've been looking at the Digitech Drop and EHX Pitch Fork and the second one Pitch Fork + - its to get me through the night - change of key up and down ....any experiences/recommendations are welcome.....thanks

There's a few good posts on the other site about drop pedals including this one If you're only going 3 or 4 semitones or so I think you'd struggle to notice in a mix with any of them, more than about 5 or 6 semitones you might be pushing it a bit but some sound better than others. Personally I've used The Drop before with zero issues.

• Like 1

As well as transposing on the fly (oh, the joys - usually when the BL/geetard/singist pops his capo on the wrong fret), I have several sets of patches on my Stomp for drop (and up) tuning - possibly not 100% wibble-free, but more than good enough for band use...

• Like 1

I've used the pitch shifter on my Digitech BP355 ( a short scale bass with flappy strings which I tuned up a tone, then used the pitch fx to take it back to concert pitch) and it worked/tracked fine, so I'd recommend the Digitech Drop if it has the same gubbings.  

• Like 1