Why become a member? ×

5 String Ibanez EHB 1005MS - Sea Foam Green
£750
LEEDS

Obby

Originally bought for £850 (The chip on the back was already there and the reason for the reduced price)

Prices online vary from £999 - £1200 from what I have seen. 

Second hand 

Hardly Used (One gig)

Needs a change of strings and some tweaking but everything else works absolutely fine

Case is included

Message for any other details.

Snapchat-1998954338.jpg

Snapchat-243115761.jpg

Snapchat-161968998.jpg

Snapchat-2078886762.jpg

Edited by Obby
Adding images
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tubster said:

Can you add a few details as to why bass needs new strings and what tweaking is required. Thanks.

The strings on it are a cheap set that I bought for the show I played it in, that combined with my inexperience with headless basses just means the tunings pegs at the bottom might need some adjustments/tightening. My apologies I am still quite new with all the details of gear but yes I believe it is a short scale bass I measured the neck and it came to 32"

Edited by Obby

2 hours ago, songofthewind said:

The low B string looks to be off the saddle, and also not actually secured in the tuner body.

Yeah the string spacing looks weird... Just a bit of magnetic pull with it lying flat? Is the action super-low?

4 minutes ago, visog said:

Yeah the string spacing looks weird... Just a bit of magnetic pull with it lying flat? Is the action super-low?

In short I cut the strings incorrectly and so the string extended at both ends (the tuning peg is fine) but the string itself is essentially broken, I never changed it. 

Hi Obby - thanks so much for your reply and for the clarification. After a bit of digging, it seems to me that this is not a short scale model, your measurements also confirm this. I haven’t seen this color in a shortscale but in the Emerald Green only. I’m happy to be corrected. Additionally, the string installation problem totally clarifies why a new set is called for. Hope your sale goes well and once again, many thanks for your transparency.

6 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Not if it is a 1005ms, as it appears to be, the 1005sms is the short scale and it comes in a darker green than this.

14 hours ago, Obby said:

The strings on it are a cheap set that I bought for the show I played it in, that combined with my inexperience with headless basses just means the tunings pegs at the bottom might need some adjustments/tightening. My apologies I am still quite new with all the details of gear but yes I believe it is a short scale bass I measured the neck and it came to 32"

He did mentioned in an earlier post that it is a short scale, it would be a good idea to update this in the original sale thread to save any confusion. 

• 4 months later...