Why become a member? ×

MXR Carbon Copy

dannybuoy

Just got my MXR Carbon Copy yesterday and have been having lots of fun with it so far. Great sounding delay, but it's the oscillation that's the fun part. I spent hours just playing with the knobs making wacky spaceship noises, it's an instrument in it's own right! I' do some clips later, but if anyone's looking for a great sounding delay that doesn't take up much board space, you don't [i]need[/i] tap tempo, and doubles as a noisemaker for experimental projects this is it. Check out the seller Silverflipz on US eBay, bagged it brand new for $135 shipped which is a bargain as most US stores are selling it for $150. Escaped customs charges too! Clips coming soon...

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='alexharvay' post='462705' date='Apr 15 2009, 09:07 AM']The Carbon Copy is a great pedal, for it's size I don't think it can be beaten. I have a MXR Phase 90 next in the chain after mine for even more fun.[/quote]

Good stuff, I always run my delay into phaser, so each individual repeat hits teh phaser on a different part of its cycle.

[quote name='The Cooler King' post='464733' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:57 AM']Good stuff, I always run my delay into phaser, so each individual repeat hits teh phaser on a different part of its cycle.[/quote]

The guitarist in my band uses it as well to great effect. Chect out the song An Open Space on my bands myspace (link in my sig) for some delayed phaser goodness. He uses EHX pedals but it's all one and the same.

Edited by alexharvay

Minus point for Carbon Copy (or VT Bass depending on how you look at it)... The CC has it's power socket next to the input jack, and the VT has it's power next to the output jack. I want to run these pedals next to eachother and I can't use my funky new EBS pedal connectors to get em in nice and tight as the power plugs get in the way! Suppose I could shove my tuner in between them...

The only thing that puts me off the Carbon Copy is the reports of poor reliability. Seems quite a few people broke them in very little time at all.

Stomp gently!

I think a couple of delays is all my board's missing at the moment. Then I'm going to start taking it to open mic nights without a bass and see how long I can attack people with it before they turn me off.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='The Cooler King' post='464733' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:57 AM']Good stuff, I always run my delay into phaser, so each individual repeat hits teh phaser on a different part of its cycle.[/quote]

Good idea!

I usually have my delay last in the chain (I have a CC as well)

I shall try this when I get home.

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='465298' date='Apr 17 2009, 05:52 PM']Minus point for Carbon Copy (or VT Bass depending on how you look at it)... The CC has it's power socket next to the input jack, and the VT has it's power next to the output jack. I want to run these pedals next to eachother and I can't use my funky new EBS pedal connectors to get em in nice and tight as the power plugs get in the way! Suppose I could shove my tuner in between them...[/quote]

Those solid connectors are sh*te. They create too much torque on PCB mounted jacks, even when you velcro all the pedals down. Easy way to kill a pedal IMO.

George L cable kits for the win!