Why become a member? ×

Beware "ambi pur plugin"

beerdragon

what? the Sun, pulling someone's leg.... surely not!

..... is this the same room de-odorizer that boasts a three-fold-cyclic-scent-sensation? including a fragrance entitled "open window".... what the hell does an open window smell like anyway?!? I'm assuming they're not basing this scent on the smell coming through the average window in say, Grimsby for instance. Or even Wolverhampton for that matter! If I open my window I'm normally greeted by the stench of cat sh*t mixed with the high grade skunk that my neighbour likes to smoke whilst sat on MY wall!!!

PS: don't call me Shirley!

[quote name='bassmandan' post='48632' date='Aug 21 2007, 11:16 PM']what? the Sun, pulling someone's leg.... surely not!

..... is this the same room de-odorizer that boasts a three-fold-cyclic-scent-sensation? including a fragrance entitled "open window".... what the hell does an open window smell like anyway?!? I'm assuming they're not basing this scent on the smell coming through the average window in say, Grimsby for instance. Or even Wolverhampton for that matter! If I open my window I'm normally greeted by the stench of cat sh*t mixed with the high grade skunk that my neighbour likes to smoke whilst sat on MY wall!!!
PS: don't call me Shirley![/quote]

My ambipur thingy would have to be directional....Chemical works....chocolate factory...maltings...sewage farm...depending on the windstrength and weather condition.

Do you reckon ASDA stock that range!?

[quote name='skywalker' post='48701' date='Aug 22 2007, 08:19 AM']We ruined a nest of polished tables with this stuff.[/quote]

Did you find it absolutely necessary to vandalise a nest of polished tables with this dangerous substance whilst Mummy and Daddy table left the nest unattended as they were obviously both out hunting at the same time to meet the incessant demands of hungry baby tables? :)

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='48711' date='Aug 22 2007, 08:46 AM']Did you find it absolutely necessary to vandalise a nest of polished tables with this dangerous substance whilst Mummy and Daddy table left the nest unattended as they were obviously both out hunting at the same time to meet the incessant demands of hungry baby tables? :)[/quote]

I just unplugged it and put on the table - how was I to know it was going leak and ruin the furniture, after all I am only a man. (Even if I am second in the footy table - just ahead of the nearest woman).

I removed the cap from a new decosphere air freshener thingie (Glade I think) and put the sphere and cap on TV as there was a knock at the door. I kinda forgot about it and a day later noticed the cap still on the TV, went to remove it and was horrified to find it had welded itself to the TV! It took sustantial force to get it off and in the place where it had been was a cavity in the TV casing about the size and depth of a 10p piece.

I asked the question, here is what they said:-

Ambi-Pur perfume doesn't contain any materials classified as corrosive, but, as with any perfume liquid, including skin fragrances, it can affect certain surfaces should it come into contact with them. This is why the packaging carries clear instructions that the diffuser must be kept upright at all times (to avoid spillages) and [b]not to use the product on or near painted, polished or plastic surfaces[/b]. I'm afraid we don't give out our formulations, but I can tell you that the liquid contains just pure perfume ingredients, and an alcohol carrier to help it evaporate evenly.

I hope this information answers all your concerns, but please feel most welcome to contact us again if you've any further questions.

It says you shouldn't use it near polished painted or plastics, but as most surfaces in a house are polished, painted on plastic, I'm not sure where you are supposed to use it.

Steve