Why become a member? ×

Billy Sheehan - Holy Cow!

[quote name='Jase' post='458742' date='Apr 9 2009, 07:26 PM']Bill's the man, he could just chuck his bass down a flight of stairs and I'd love it :)[/quote]

Actually I have a bootleg of that. Yours for £5 plus P&P.

I fancy that album myself. I'll have to get it now.

You don't like Compression?

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='458782' date='Apr 9 2009, 08:21 PM']I do like Compression,
but its my least favorite out of the 3 albums.

Z
x[/quote]

Have you tracked down the Talas album; 'Sink your teeth into that'? Unfortunately I just have the vinyl version so can't (ahem) help you out with a digital copy had you lost yours. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='458807' date='Apr 9 2009, 08:50 PM']Have you tracked down the Talas album; 'Sink your teeth into that'? Unfortunately I just have the vinyl version so can't (ahem) help you out with a digital copy had you lost yours. :rolleyes:[/quote]

we've only got the vinyl too :)

got the 'If We Only Knew Then What We Know Now' Live album.

Zo
x

album is awsome zoe,

I mailed billy yesterday and got a prompt reply:

[i]Awesome!
Thanks Drew! You made my day. Yes, Ray plays the whole CD. He is a spectacular player & great guy.
Very kind of you to write---thanks Bro!
Spread the word if you'd be so kind.
Your Friend,
Billy

----------------- Original Message -----------------
To: Billy Sheehan
Date: Apr 7, 2009 3:41 AM
Subject: holy cow!

hi billy

bloody hell or holy cow alright!

what an album - it arrived this morning right on delivery date from amazon.co.uk, big pat on the back to the supply and distribution company who quite obviously nailed it.

thank you

I noticed it has the 14th of April on your front page I must be one of the fortunate ones! amazon info did have their delivery schedule 7th of April.

Spectacular drumming by Ray Luzier - does he play drums all the way through? if so it is unbelievable, what a player! do you think he would join my band? he, he!

good luck with the album, hope its a great success - certainly, again, deserves to be.

your friend

drew[/i]

He'll be ever so pleased you started this thread Zoe! :)

andy

Edited by andy67

[quote name='andy67' post='458864' date='Apr 9 2009, 09:54 PM']album is awsome zoe,

I mailed billy yesterday and got a prompt reply:

[i]Awesome!
Thanks Drew! You made my day. Yes, Ray plays the whole CD. He is a spectacular player & great guy.
Very kind of you to write---thanks Bro!
Spread the word if you'd be so kind.
Your Friend,
Billy

----------------- Original Message -----------------
To: Billy Sheehan
Date: Apr 7, 2009 3:41 AM
Subject: holy cow!

hi billy

bloody hell or holy cow alright!

what an album - it arrived this morning right on delivery date from amazon.co.uk, big pat on the back to the supply and distribution company who quite obviously nailed it.

thank you

I noticed it has the 14th of April on your front page I must be one of the fortunate ones! amazon info did have their delivery schedule 7th of April.

Spectacular drumming by Ray Luzier - does he play drums all the way through? if so it is unbelievable, what a player! do you think he would join my band? he, he!

good luck with the album, hope its a great success - certainly, again, deserves to be.

your friend

drew[/i]

He'll be ever so pleased you started this thread Zoe! :)

andy[/quote]

Hey :rolleyes:

yeah i emailed him too!

and when i added him on my new music myspace the other day..he said:

ZOE!!
Hi! Nice page---good one!
My pleasure to add you!
Hi to your Mom & Dad.
Much Love,
Billy

its awesome how much time he makes for his fans.

I was doing a presentation in school about him, and i emailed him, and he made me a voice clip saying 'hey this is billy sheehan, welcome to Zoes presentation about myself' etc :D was amazing.

but over the past year and a half, ive been going through a load of crap with anxiety.
I ended up being really down, not being about to go school, gigs, band pracs, play with my band, go out with my friends. and i ended up just really demotivated.. its been pretty sh*t
and he rang me up while he was in Birmingham, because i wasnt able to make it to his bass clinic.
I actually missed the phone call and he left me a voice mail, could have just kicked myself afterwards haha.
saved the voicemail though ;)
But it was amazing, defiantly the motivation i needed to get back into playing music again, and it worked BIG TIME!

Z
x

Edited by Zoe_BillySheehan

For some strange reason, I've never really got around to listening to his solo stuff - guess I should do something about that, eh!

The Roth albums and the first three Mr Big records are true classics though. What a hero!

I think I love him in a not entirely platonic way... :)

[quote name='geilerbass' post='458958' date='Apr 10 2009, 12:13 AM']For some strange reason, I've never really got around to listening to his solo stuff - guess I should do something about that, eh!

The Roth albums and the first three Mr Big records are true classics though. What a hero!

I think I love him in a not entirely platonic way... :)[/quote]

I completely love the Eat Em n Smile album :rolleyes:

Z
x

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='458965' date='Apr 10 2009, 12:19 AM']I completely love the Eat Em n Smile album :)

Z
x[/quote]

Now that's an album that totally blew me away when it came out! The bass and guitar interplay is totally out of this world. Vai and Sheehan are a perfect pairing.

I was lucky enough to met Billy last year, such a nice guy with a great attitude to the fans (I have a pic somewhere!?!)

[quote name='Golchen' post='459066' date='Apr 10 2009, 09:48 AM']Now that's an album that totally blew me away when it came out! The bass and guitar interplay is totally out of this world. Vai and Sheehan are a perfect pairing.

I was lucky enough to met Billy last year, such a nice guy with a great attitude to the fans (I have a pic somewhere!?!)[/quote]

aw yeah, he really is an awesome guy :)

but yeah, Vai and Billy = amazing. seen them 3 times together.

Z
x

I have been a big fan of Billy for a long time. Having been to see his clinics for Ampeg and witnessed his awesome technique I find his whole take on playing bass truly inspiring. Being an old guy I have my moments when I feel jaded and think of packing it in but then remember Billy saying to me 'never give up on your dream'. That has seen me through and Im still hanging in there. Im going to get me a copy asap!

[quote name='andy67' post='459189' date='Apr 10 2009, 12:16 PM']that is so cool zoe, phoning you just shows the caliber of the person billy is!! :rolleyes:

eat em and smile is my favourite also, it got me right into billy sheehan.

andy[/quote]

Really is great :D

and yeah, i really feel like listening to the Eat Em n Smile album, but im in Durham at the moment, and for some reason, it isnt on my macbook :)

Z
x

[quote name='hatori' post='459318' date='Apr 10 2009, 02:22 PM']I have been a big fan of Billy for a long time. Having been to see his clinics for Ampeg and witnessed his awesome technique I find his whole take on playing bass truly inspiring. Being an old guy I have my moments when I feel jaded and think of packing it in but then remember Billy saying to me 'never give up on your dream'. That has seen me through and Im still hanging in there. Im going to get me a copy asap![/quote]

Its inspiration like that that people need sometimes :)

Z
x