Why become a member? ×

Bass storage

Owen

Au contraire, by storing them in gig bags in a wardrobe and therefore not becoming day-to-day familiar with seeing them, each time I pick one out it’s like I’ve bought a new bass. I’m hoping this cures my GAS - but with 3 new basses in 3 months I’m not sure it’s working…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FDC484950 said:

each time I pick one out it’s like I’ve bought a new bass. I’m hoping this cures my GAS - but with 3 new basses in 3 months I’m not sure it’s working

Each time you pick one out, it reminds you of that lovely feeling of opening the box on a new bass, thus stoking your GAS?

A long time ago, this started in a wardrobe. Two wardrobes, actually, with some MDF and an old curtain. Then I realised I could save space by making a free-standing unit with two tiers, given the ceiling clearance of your average gaff. They're safe, they're secure, but they're also close to hand and there's no faffing around with cases, all for the price of a couple of sheets of MDF and chipboard from your local DIY shop.

3B7B89C2-4B6E-45E3-B176-975A682A656F.jpeg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Each time you pick one out, it reminds you of that lovely feeling of opening the box on a new bass, thus stoking your GAS?

Well, to be fair one was on order from last year arriving next week and one was also ordered but didn’t turn up until December, so only one “bought” in 2022 :)

it’s actually a surprisingly similar feeling. However I suspect the source of my gas is a low boredom threshold ;) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doctor J said:

A long time ago, this started in a wardrobe. Two wardrobes, actually, with some MDF and an old curtain. Then I realised I could save space by making a free-standing unit with two tiers, given the ceiling clearance of your average gaff. They're safe, they're secure, but they're also close to hand and there's no faffing around with cases, all for the price of a couple of sheets of MDF and chipboard from your local DIY shop.

this is superb

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doctor J said:

Well that's no use at all, you can only get 20 instruments in it 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2