Why become a member? ×

AMAZING!! - Just had our first rehersal?

BIG.J

Well! Today was the day all band members joined together for the first time? ;)

I must admit we were all blown away by the sound! :D Note for note perfection just lacking Keys as the Keys Player dropped out last minute.

All my effects sounded great, Even the Cosmic Lawnmower was spot on!

We went through =

SQUANK

FLY ON A WINDSHIELD

IN THE CAGE

AFTERGLOW

SUPPERS READY = INTO = I KNOW WHAT I LIKE

& DANCE ON A VOLCANO.

Hopefully this is the start of another great NORTH WEST BASED TRIBUTE!!!

Thanks for all your input on my original "WHAT HAVE I LET MYSELF IN FOR" post!

Cheers

Justin :) :rolleyes:

[quote name='molan' post='454959' date='Apr 5 2009, 10:11 PM']Are we talking the entire Supper's Ready here?

That's quite an achievement to get all of that lot sorted already :)

Must have sounded a b it odd without keys on some of those some of those?

So were you stamping and shouting a lot :rolleyes:[/quote]

We played a few mins of suppers ready (Vocals & Guitars!) then whilst holding in the same key we introduced the Cosmic Lawnmower, The rest is history?

I am using a few synth sounds and it sounds great, Once we have Keys it will be fantastic?

Strainge realy, you can practicaly hear evey note from the keys without it even being there? :D

Had to De-Tune to get a lovely deep drone in SQUANK!

Realy need someone on keys ASAP!

Cheers

Justin.

[quote name='xverminate' post='454978' date='Apr 5 2009, 10:34 PM']We played a few mins of suppers ready (Vocals & Guitars!) then whilst holding in the same key we introduced the Cosmic Lawnmower, The rest is history?

I am using a few synth sounds and it sounds great, Once we have Keys it will be fantastic?

Strainge realy, you can practicaly hear evey note from the keys without it even being there? :)

Had to De-Tune to get a lovely deep drone in SQUANK!

Realy need someone on keys ASAP!

Cheers

Justin.[/quote]

Was there a lot of Moog Taurus for the drone on the original Squonk?

I'll have to get an old copy out, lol

[quote name='molan' post='454989' date='Apr 5 2009, 10:45 PM']Was there a lot of Moog Taurus for the drone on the original Squonk?

I'll have to get an old copy out, lol[/quote]

Indeed! Havent got that sort of cash?

Lots of experimenting with various pedals & Multi FX's!

Not a bad sound! If all goes well and things move in the right direction i may have to look at the Moog Taurus!

Cheers! :)

I'm extremely envious. My all time favourite band and a project I'd just love to do, but just can't find any musicians around here to do it. The closest I've ever got was doing Watcher of the skies in a proggy trib band I was in.

Nice to see you're doing the proper old stuff before Genesis went all pop :)

Edited by AndyMartin

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='455002' date='Apr 5 2009, 11:10 PM']I'm extremely envious. My all time favourite band and a project I'd just love to do, but just can't find any musicians around here to do it. The closest I've ever got was doing Watcher of the skies in a proggy trib band I was in.

Nice to see you're doing the proper old stuff before Genesis went all pop :)[/quote]

Thanks!

The drummer contacted me having played in a three piece with him a while back, He almost landed a position with the Liverpool based CARPET CRAWLERS a while back but there drummer decided to stick with them!

He is a true fan, not to mention a cracking drummer, I myself hadn't even heard all the Peter Gabriel stuff so i had my work cut out!

We will be playing numbers up until late 70's maybe even 1981?

:rolleyes:

[quote name='Stingray5' post='455047' date='Apr 5 2009, 11:56 PM']Yeh, Prog on, xverminate!
If you guys are down this way when you start gigging, I'd come along and support you.
Hope you get the keys sorted soon as poss.[/quote]

Nice one fella! :)