Why become a member? ×

Hi everyone

RhythmJunky

Hi everyone, I thought that I'd just drop in and say hello.

New member here, but been playing on and off most of my life, but don't confuse that with being any good. I'm just back playing for a month or so after a brief ten year pause. 

I'm also trying to learn keyboards and have been playing for around 4 years and have piano lessons every other week. I have the same interests on piano as bass. I should really be practicing now, as my next lesson is tomorrow morning but I've managed to find something else to distract me. Oh look a butterfly....

Anyway I've played a wide variety of stuff, but mostly rock, funk, blues and jazz based. I did a lot of RHCP stuff but have never gigged as last time I was looking I could only find bands that wanted to gig 3 or 4 times a week and my job was too demanding to let me away midweek ( and still is really).

As for gear, I'm lucky enough to have a couple of nice basses. A 5 string Michael Tobias Designs (MTD) Kingston Heir and a four string that was hand made by Karl Hoyt (a small one man operation up around Cape Cod). I also have an Ashdown MAG200 with a mini 4x8 cab, but am playing mostly through a bass pod into a mixer at the moment. 

I hope that I can tag along as I try to get back on form. 

Edited by RhythmJunky
Spelling.

Welcome aboard! :crigon_04:

On 01/11/2021 at 15:24, RhythmJunky said:

I should really be practicing now, as my next lesson is tomorrow morning but I've managed to find something else to distract me. Oh look a butterfly....

I think you'll fit right in! 😁

• Thanks 1