Why become a member? ×

ACS earplugs

uk_lefty

On 02/01/2022 at 17:58, Rich said:

Joking aside, I'm guessing KY would do the trick? The thing I liked about the original lube was that the excess was easy to rub into the skin to get it off my fingers - it's not as greasy feeling as Vaseline.

KY is perfect for the job. A funny story: I ran out of the tube that came with my ear plugs and the cheapest suitable lube online ended up being KY, so I ordered a SMALL tube, the emphasis here being on the word SMALL.

So imagine my thoughts when a larger than expected box arrived on my doorstep. The tube is so large that even those at the back of the venue could easily see the KY logo!!

17 minutes ago, Dood said:

KY is perfect for the job. A funny story: I ran out of the tube that came with my ear plugs and the cheapest suitable lube online ended up being KY, so I ordered a SMALL tube, the emphasis here being on the word SMALL.

So imagine my thoughts when a larger than expected box arrived on my doorstep. The tube is so large that even those at the back of the venue could easily see the KY logo!!

Yeah, yeah @Dood 😁 - reminds me of the time I visited a guy at his desk at work to help with some tech stuff.  His dept were being moved, so there were lots of packing crates everywhere.  This guy had packed everything away neatly, except one crate he had "accidentally" left open - full of boxes of Durex.  "Oh my, that wasn't supposed to be left open" he gasped theatrically, with a huge cheese eating grin on his face as he closed the lid.....

A colleague did later point out that it would have been much more impressive if the boxes were empty.... 

• Haha 1

I had a set of ACS for years, then left them in a taxi.

For the second set, I’ve gone with READ Audio. The plugs themselves are much harder and have a rough texture, and I’m not sure about them. Lots of people love them though, but my ACS were more comfortable.

20 minutes ago, Huge Hands said:

Yeah, yeah @Dood 😁 - reminds me of the time I visited a guy at his desk at work to help with some tech stuff.  His dept were being moved, so there were lots of packing crates everywhere.  This guy had packed everything away neatly, except one crate he had "accidentally" left open - full of boxes of Durex.  "Oh my, that wasn't supposed to be left open" he gasped theatrically, with a huge cheese eating grin on his face as he closed the lid.....

A colleague did later point out that it would have been much more impressive if the boxes were empty.... 

A friend of mine went in to hospital for an exploratory examination many years ago. He was slightly perturbed when after laying down on the bed the male doctor arrived with a large tube of KY in hand. It was then he learned that KY wasn't just used for one thing... lol 

33 minutes ago, Huge Hands said:

Ah yes, the old joke...

What's the difference between a used tyre and 365 used condoms?

One's a Goodyear, the other's a ****ing brilliant year.

• Haha 2