Why become a member? ×

Whats going on here?

beerdragon

I ordered an item from this place on wednesday, [url="http://www.dangleberrymusic.co.uk/"]http://www.dangleberrymusic.co.uk/[/url], i used Paypal and paid an extra £6 for next day delivery. i received an email saying my order was being processed. Thursday, nothing. fired off an email asking for a refund on the postage as i did not get the next day delivery. i got an email off them today, (Friday) saying to use the the fill out form to contact them. what the did they think i used to get in touch!. there's no telephone number as far as i can see. when checked my paypal account there's no money gone out of it. so what are they doing? don't whether to tell them to stick it or what. anyone else used these people?.

I've used them a few times, they're ok, no problems. Some of their product descriptions are a but rum though. I bought an A-frame guitar stand from them and from their description you'd think it was custom built for Lady Diana or something, it was actually just another piece of cheap sh*t.

[quote name='silddx' post='453130' date='Apr 3 2009, 11:16 AM']I've used them a few times, they're ok, no problems. Some of their product descriptions are a but rum though. I bought an A-frame guitar stand from them and from their description you'd think it was custom built for Lady Diana or something, it was actually just another piece of cheap sh*t.[/quote]

I bought a couple of those from them took ages to arrive and for me they didn't have enough padding (I put some socks on them :) ) but they don't open wide enough either.

[quote name='beerdragon' post='453112' date='Apr 3 2009, 11:03 AM']I ordered an item from this place on wednesday, [url="http://www.dangleberrymusic.co.uk/"]http://www.dangleberrymusic.co.uk/[/url], i used Paypal and paid an extra £6 for next day delivery. i received an email saying my order was being processed. Thursday, nothing. fired off an email asking for a refund on the postage as i did not get the next day delivery. i got an email off them today, (Friday) saying to use the the fill out form to contact them. what the did they think i used to get in touch!. there's no telephone number as far as i can see. when checked my paypal account there's no money gone out of it. so what are they doing? don't whether to tell them to stick it or what. anyone else used these people?.[/quote]

if you've payed via paypal just stick in a dispute with paypal, you should get your money back.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='453137' date='Apr 3 2009, 11:20 AM']I bought a couple of those from them took ages to arrive and for me they didn't have enough padding (I put some socks on them :) ) but they don't open wide enough either.[/quote]

It took me ages to work out what you were talking about Wayne. I guess having a filthy mind doesn't help either :rolleyes:

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='453478' date='Apr 3 2009, 04:18 PM']That post was rather poor and full of innuendo but now I look back on it, it is very funny.[/quote]

:)

What I find is the bloody arms on these stands are almost exactly where the output jack is, so you have to stick your bass on them at a stupid angle or close the frame a bit which makes them a a little unstable.

The item i ordered , a neck, arrived this afternoon. it looks ok. but i still paid for next day delivery so i don't know whether to push for a refund or forget it and not bother with them again, they have a forum which i haven't looked at yet maybe i'll go on there and see if anyone else as had a problem.

[quote name='beerdragon' post='453670' date='Apr 3 2009, 08:49 PM']The item i ordered , a neck, arrived this afternoon. it looks ok. but i still paid for next day delivery so i don't know whether to push for a refund or forget it and not bother with them again, they have a forum which i haven't looked at yet maybe i'll go on there and see if anyone else as had a problem.[/quote]

Just a thought, but did it actually arrive via a next day service? Although it's a bit of a pisser if you you were expecting it Thursday, I suspect the surcharge was for the quicker courier service rather than the guarantee that they could get it out the same day.

[quote name='Musky' post='453897' date='Apr 4 2009, 08:52 AM']Just a thought, but did it actually arrive via a next day service? Although it's a bit of a pisser if you you were expecting it Thursday, I suspect the surcharge was for the quicker courier service rather than the guarantee that they could get it out the same day.[/quote]

According to the blurb, the cheaper option which was a 1 to 2 day delivery was not guaranteed. the option i chose was guaranteed next day delivery. although i clicked on the paypal button at about 12.30 pm, don't know whether there was a cut off point, but i thought that was pretty early.

Next day delivery should be what it says, getting the item in the post before the final collection, with the premium paid for first class delivery, should get it to you for the next day. Did they send it via Royal Mail?
I would kick up a stink, just think how many others could have paid the extra and not received the service, that could be quite a few thousand pounds a year in their pockets, for something that they don't deliver on.