Why become a member? ×

Fretless Fender Pbass
£1200
Bristol

BassBod

EDIT - Now Priced £950 collected 

Here is a really lovely mid 90's USA factory (lined) fretless.  From memory, these were the earlier versions of what has become the American Standard in Fender's product line over the last 20 odd years.  Rosewood fingerboard is in great condition, the bass has worn black plastic tapewounds for most of its life.  I think the body is a three piece, with a veneer front and back, to make the sunburst look better.  Strings are through body only, with no extra bridge holes.  

This isn't a Jaco style fretless.  The single P bass pickup gives it a deep warm and full sound.

Comes with the original hardshell plastic case - in good condition, with one crack in the edge.  

The bass is in exceptional condition, with only one or two slight dings.  I've tried to show one in the back of the neck.  The neck finish is just beginning to show some surface checks.

I'd describe this one as medium weight, although I can't weigh it accurately.  I've got some scales somewhere, so I'll update if I can find them.

The jack socket feels slightly loose, but it hasn't been a problem on gigs.  I suspect a quick bend on the spring contact would fix this, but I've not been under the scratchplate.

Schaller strap locks were fitted as original at this time...I don't have the strap fittings, but the buttons are there.

Given the general state of things, I've decided to make this a come and try / collection only sale, with payment by bank transfer.   I'm between Bristol and Bath a short distance from M4 J18 and can be pretty flexible on times etc.  

Message any questions etc (apologies if it takes a day or two to reply as I'm travelling a lot this weekend)

BB

IMG_3467.thumb.jpeg.22231599b8e73d780135c9cba18233f7.jpeg

HIMG_3459.thumb.jpeg.2b7de2485ed1b973ce02d6e6b43f7285.jpegIMG_3461.thumb.jpeg.738e54193734902e700ca5321e7a3759.jpegIMG_3465.thumb.jpeg.a1867ccc48804a0475c64ae57f33172c.jpegIMG_3462.thumb.jpeg.c955e728f6d4053e237ea5ecd468fdb3.jpegIMG_3468.thumb.jpeg.e743a202943716a6d321f2ae7577a6d5.jpeg

Edited by BassBod
Revised price
  • Like 8

39 minutes ago, lownote said:

Looks in amazing nick - GLWTS

Yes, it is.  I had to remind myself how long ago 1995 was…

The tape wounds have also helped to keep the rosewood fingerboard in almost new condition.  If it was a Jazz I’d keep it, but for me, a fretless P just isn’t the sound I want to hear. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BassBod said:

Yes, it is.  I had to remind myself how long ago 1995 was…

The tape wounds have also helped to keep the rosewood fingerboard in almost new condition.  If it was a Jazz I’d keep it, but for me, a fretless P just isn’t the sound I want to hear. 

I knoiw what you mean.  I play unlined fretless but my appetite for mwah is strictly limited to a few miuntes. By increasing the action height slightly, relief and the string height at nut I get a great normal bass sound without irritating mwah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...