Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

6 hours ago, OccasionalMike said:

Oh man, I only know you through your excellent and knowledgable FI related posts, but yeah: all the very best for you! I am currently reading the manual, so that makes it at least three... Best wishes from Germany!

Thank you. Nice to hear you’re reading the manual too!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone having ossues logging i to the datàbaae through yhe effects editor? It doesnt seem to be working fir me. Tried in mulitple computers.

I can log in directly on the website, but not through the FIEditor

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, lidl e said:

Anyone having ossues logging i to the datàbaae through yhe effects editor? It doesnt seem to be working fir me. Tried in mulitple computers.

I can log in directly on the website, but not through the FIEditor

Close the editor. 

Go here:
c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\FIEditor4

Delete the “settings” file and try again. If this doesn’t work, go into the (newly created) settings file and check that the username and password are correct there. I believe username is the email address you use to sign in to the website. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Panda will be at Superbooth next week. 

https://www.superbooth.com/en/

They’ve asked me along but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to go. I was supposed to have my next surgery yesterday, which then got postponed until Monday and I’d be in no fit state. Got a call yesterday that it’s now not happening on Monday and won’t find out until then when it’s now going to take place. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

There was no firm reschedule date for my op so I decided go to Berlin after all. After five years of FI collaboration, Andras and I finally met in person for the first time.  

IMG_9641.jpeg

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 11

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 2pods said:

Nice demo.

Sounds great, but do we still have to import it, or do Panda have UK distribution ?

BTW What is that bass ?

They still don’t have UK distribution. They sell via musicstore.de so check if they have a VAT arrangement like Thomann. 

I’m trying to persuade the guys from Signal Sounds to become a UK distributor. I don’t fancy the hassle and outlay of doing it myself.

Bass Direct and Joe’s pedals never got back to them. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, 2pods said:

maybe because it's out of stock ?

probably put the price up when they actually get some in

May well do, but they're still selling them now.

I ruled it out as I had it landed in the UK at somewhere around £330-£350 including VAT duty , fees etc, and that was the special cheap pre-order price...

I think I'd be more than miffed if a few weeks after I supported the launch, they were available at a shop for almost 30% cheaper.

Edited by Kev

3 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

I think they were €229 as a special launch price. Standard is €299. 

I may be mistaken, but i'm 99.9% sure the intro price was 299 euros, regular price 359 euros, plus a hefty shipping charge and the fees that come with it.

£258 delivered is a massive saving.  What's going on?

10 minutes ago, Kev said:

I may be mistaken, but i'm 99.9% sure the intro price was 299 euros, regular price 359 euros, plus a hefty shipping charge and the fees that come with it.

£258 delivered is a massive saving.  What's going on?

it's still the intro price and they've not increased it? 

Posted (edited)

£258 delivered for a Mk4 with all of the upgrades that have gone into it?! That's a really good deal! It's not a great deal more than used Mk3's were going for a couple of years back and so much else has had eye watering price increases since then.

I really tried to love my Mk3s (several attempts!) but couldn't get passed the tracking / glitchiness issues I was getting and I wasn't prepared to change my playing style to suit one pedal! I understand from @Quatschmacher that has now been sorted with the Mk 4 - and at that price I've no real excuse not to give it a spin. If it's good enough for Mohini Dey...

DV 247 are obviously feeling generous, they only charged me £257 😊

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

it's still the intro price and they've not increased it? 

The shop price is delivered and includes VAT.  I think at the intro price ordered direct it landed at around £330, based on a calculation I saw a few pages ago.

So yeah, the first buyers given the special pre-order deal seem to have paid a 30% or so chunk more than anyone can presumably order one now, which I find odd to say the least.

3 hours ago, Kev said:

The shop price is delivered and includes VAT.  I think at the intro price ordered direct it landed at around £330, based on a calculation I saw a few pages ago.

So yeah, the first buyers given the special pre-order deal seem to have paid a 30% or so chunk more than anyone can presumably order one now, which I find odd to say the least.

Stores are at liberty to list at whatever price they like once they’ve bought and paid for units; RRP is just that, recommended. They’ll order in bulk and get a better deal. Big stores can afford smaller margins on some products. And it’s not uncommon at all for the launch price of a product to be 10-20% higher than later on once more units have sold. I don’t think anyone who has already bought one is feeling ripped off.

Getting a chunk of money up front means that they can afford to pay me for all my work!🙂