Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

Posted (edited)

Getting close now. I’ve done the manual (barring any late feature additions/changes).

Heading to hospital for a really horrid operation tomorrow and all being well I should be out the same day. Will be signed off work for a couple of weeks to recover so hopefully, if I can sit up and move around, I’ll try and get some clips done of some of the new patches I’ve been working on.

Done some quite cool stuff using the new split feature so that playing lightly gets bass only; digging in harder brings in the synth with a long release time so you can play softly over the top of it again without having to use a sustain pedal. This also has the bonus that it continues to feed the delay engine so you can get some really nice backgrounds. (Really hope the next hardware integration adds a stereo out!)

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Getting close now. I’ve done the manual (barring any late feature additions/changes).

Heading to hospital for a really horrid operation tomorrow and all being well I should be out the same day. Will be signed off work for a couple of weeks to recover so hopefully, if I can sit up and move around, I’ll try and get some clips done of some of the new patches I’ve been working on.

Done some quite cool stuff using the new split feature so that playing lightly gets bass only; digging in harder beings in the synth with a long release time so you can play softly over the top of it again without having to use a sustain pedal. This also has the bonus that it continues to feed the delay engine so you can get some really nice backgrounds. (Really hope the next hardware integration adds a stereo out!)

Good luck, bud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well if it's good enough for Mohini Dey 😁...apparently one of just two pedals on her board she has gone and bought herself. The rest were given to her.

Maybe a smart move for Andras to pop a V4 in the post to her along with your manual and get her to record a demo for you? Just a thought!

Edited by Al Krow

42 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Well if it's good enough for Mohini Dey 😁...apparently one of just two pedals on her board she has gone and bought herself. The rest were given to her.

Maybe a smart move for Andras to pop a V4 in the post to her along with your manual and get her to record a demo for you? Just a thought!

I sent them the video at the weekend. I guess they’ll contact her if they feel it necessary. 

13 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Feeling generally OK, thanks, though pain has worsened so I might have an infection in the operation site now. Not fun!

Suck-age :(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

V4 User Manual

Folks, here is the V4 user guide. (The final version may differ slightly if there are any errors or additions between now and the actual release firmware version.)

FI User Guide V4.00.pdf 5.03 MB · 2 downloads

I’m hoping more than two people are going to read this!

• Like 2

On 28/03/2024 at 16:57, Quatschmacher said:

I’m hoping more than two people are going to read this!

Did more than two people ever read any pedal manual ever written, ever? 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, GisserD said:

Did more than two people ever read any pedal manual ever written, ever? 

I do wish folks would though because I end up answering the same questions over and over again.

I suppose once Neuralink happens, people can download it into their brain. Bet they’ll still ask me to find the link for them though. 😆

Edited by Quatschmacher

37 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

In other news, biopsy results today weren’t favourable so I have to go in for the same procedure again within three weeks and then chemo starts. 😞

Mate, big bass player love to you 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

In other news, biopsy results today weren’t favourable so I have to go in for the same procedure again within three weeks and then chemo starts. 😞

More suck-age :(

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Owen said:

More suck-age :(

Indeed. It was pretty brutal the first time so knowing what’s in store for me again is really not making me feel great. Also, still in pain from the first op and had to get antibiotics for it yesterday. 

• Sad 1

Oh man, I only know you through your excellent and knowledgable FI related posts, but yeah: all the very best for you! I am currently reading the manual, so that makes it at least three... Best wishes from Germany!

• Thanks 1