Why become a member? ×

Where can if find a good pedalboard?

attackbass

I recently became an EBS pedal endorsing artist and so now I have the issue of the EBS pedals no longer fitting on my current board... so I'm looking fora decent pedalboard/ pedalboard case...

does anyone know of any good companies or can recommend what is good and what should be avoided. I need to something professional standard as I tour a lot, usually on buss's with trailers so need something that can withstand the carnage that takes place on the road!

I personally don't rate the Diago boards. They seem like such a huge amount of money for a bit of chip board and some carpet. My board started life as a mixer flight case but I just changed the hinges. It is huge, only £50 and would have cost £150 if it were simply labelled a 'pedal board'.

I think it's crazy how much the manufacturers are charging for pedal boards which aren't any more expensive to build than cases that sell for half as much with a different suggested use.

Sorry, rant over.

Personally, I reckon it's worth holding out for a used mixer case or something from a flightcase builders' clearance section, which is what I did.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='450126' date='Mar 30 2009, 11:48 PM']Personally, I reckon it's worth holding out for a used mixer case or something from a flightcase builders' clearance section, which is what I did.[/quote]

+1 Mixer case, Keyboard case, Guitar case etc.

[quote name='fifeq' post='450813' date='Mar 31 2009, 07:35 PM']how hard is to split the guitar case into two pieces (base and lid)[/quote]

Just replace the existing hinges with the separating hinges you get on flightcases. I bet you can get them from B&Q.