Why become a member? ×

How long to wait for an eBay buyer to respond?

Jakester

1 hour ago, FDC484950 said:

Some sellers do, but I guess that’s their prerogative. Don’t wish to start any arguments :)

I guess it depends what you mean 'expects'. I list something either for sale by courier or pickup (generally down to price I guess). If I have put something as pickup I realise it is not going to be as popular, and if someone wants to arrange a courier to pick it up I will help with that, but generally it is something I don't want to post, or dont want to ship or don't have anything to ship it in. I wouldn't 'expect' anyone to get a courier but I would tollerate it.

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

I think that's because of liability in the case of damage/loss...your courier = your claim.

On ebay I doubt that is the case

It's 2021.. Everyone has a smart phone or is connected to the internet at the hip. Ebay sends notifications to pay instantly, and with paypal - transactions are completed in seconds.

If it's been a day or two and the seller hasn't paid, he's probably got 'buyers remorse' a tad early and has no intention of making good on his bid. Count your blessings, you dodged a bullet!

Edited by sammybee
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, sammybee said:

It's 2021.. Everyone has a smart phone or is connected to the internet at the hip.

This seems to colour the whole thread: incorrect assumptions leading to certainty long before the facts are in.
Yes, this case smells bad indeed, but stuff happens.

To take myself as an example, I do not use my smart phone for eBay, and normally not for e-mail. Normally I'd pay within minutes of the auction ending, but it did happen once that I was suddenly taken to hospital and payment had to wait until I got myself organised.

This may be a Norse things, but when we go away for a weekend, many of us choose to be not connected at all; it's part of the experience.

As I said before, gazillions of possible explanations, only one of them being the (quite probable) case that the buyer is not honouring the deal.

Edited by BassTractor

2 hours ago, sammybee said:

It's 2021.. Everyone has a smart phone or is connected to the internet at the hip. Ebay sends notifications to pay instantly, and with paypal - transactions are completed in seconds.

Absolutely not true. Although I am (although if I am actually working I ignore most things), but I have friends who are the opposite and won't see something for days.

ok, if I make an offer on something on ebay then I check if it is accepted, but in my time on there i have met a lot of people who dont.

• Like 1

Well, nothing, so I've opened an unpaid buyer case, and as soon as that is concluded it''ll be relisted. Hopefully another £1 final value offer comes along shortly, otherwise this will be a very expensive annoyance. 

What a complete and utter waste of my time.