Why become a member? ×

Hotone Ampero II Stomp

Al Krow

On 29/06/2023 at 21:53, jacq said:

Are there any usable out-of-the-box patches from the bass perspective?

There is plenty of people doing bass patches for HX stomp, are there any downloadable(free or paid) patched for Ampero 2 for bass?

Honestly not sure on that one... I've seen a guy on YouTube offering patches that sound good in his demoes, but for me half the fun is experimenting with amp models etc.

I know the guitar presets sound tremendous, so I can only assume there are at least a couple of decent bass ones 

• 5 months later...

Seriously consider getting one of these.

But I need to know if you can make several parallel paths within the same patch, and control the mix of them individually?

It's either this or the Boss GT-1000CORE, but I'd much prefer the HoTone, and not just because of the price, and doesn't really need to be able to run 3 parallel signal chains as the Boss allows for, but it would be crucial to be able to run several parallel paths within the same patch.

Like this for example:

................... ............ ....... -> [effect] ................ ....................... .. -> [effect]   

-> [effect] -> [effect] -< ................. >-> [effect] -> [effect] -<........ ..........>-> [effect]

............. ............... .......... -> [effect] .............. ................ ........... -> [effect]

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

19 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Seriously consider getting one of these.

But I need to know if you can make several parallel paths within the same patch, and control the mix of them individually?

It's either this or the Boss GT-1000CORE, but I'd much prefer the HoTone, and not just because of the price, and doesn't really need to be able to run 3 parallel signal chains as the Boss allows for, but it would be crucial to be able to run several parallel paths within the same patch.

Like this for example:

...................................... -> [effect] ......................................... -> [effect]   

-> [effect] -> [effect] < ................. >-> [effect] -> [effect] <...................>-> [effect]

...................................... -> [effect] ......................................... -> [effect]

Unless there's been an update since I sold mine on, then it suffers from the same restriction as the HX stomp - you can only have 1 parallel path.  With the hotone, it's either 1 continuous chain of 12 blocks or two chains of 6 with the split in and out being wherever you choose...

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hello I'm thinking about the ampero stomp just from the reviews. I have the zoom b3n and the b2 four. But I was kinda wanting the ampero for the ease of using the display,the editing on the laptop/tablet and phone(I have a windows laptop, and Android phone and a apple tablet to use for monitoring at shows). Sooo if I can find one at a decent price I might get it and play around with it. I have found mor info with the ampero and the helix but I  don't think I want the helix. Being somewhat new to the multi effects thing I want to get a great amp less sound for fly shows. I have a ROLLS unit and use IEM's for monitoring. I want to feel comfortable with my sound with the IEM's and for FOH

21 hours ago, Freddie B said:

Hello I'm thinking about the ampero stomp just from the reviews. I have the zoom b3n and the b2 four. But I was kinda wanting the ampero for the ease of using the display,the editing on the laptop/tablet and phone(I have a windows laptop, and Android phone and a apple tablet to use for monitoring at shows). Sooo if I can find one at a decent price I might get it and play around with it. I have found mor info with the ampero and the helix but I  don't think I want the helix. Being somewhat new to the multi effects thing I want to get a great amp less sound for fly shows. I have a ROLLS unit and use IEM's for monitoring. I want to feel comfortable with my sound with the IEM's and for FOH

On paper at least the Ampero II Stomp is superior, and cheaper, to the Helix HX Stomp.

So is the Boss GT-1000CORE, well superior, on paper at least, that is, but it is also more expensive than both.

Where the HX Stomp is superior to both the Boss and HoTone is that Line6, as far as I gathered at least, is a bit more generous when it comes to updates of the firmware with new effects and functions included (I might have gotten that wrong though).

Regardless though all 3 I would say would be a substantial upgrade to your current Zoom units, especially when it comes to amp emulations and cab sims (as well as you would gain the ability to run parallel effect chains (and in this aspect the Boss is objectively much more flexible and vastly superior to both the HX and Ampero Stomp)).

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

Hello BASS CHAT 

My ampero ii stomp will arrive tomorrow (at least that's what the email says)

I'm excited to play around with unit and get into it. I also ordered the 2 and 4 button foot switches to see which w one will work for me so if I want to tune I can have it on a separate button. Ooooooo can't wait. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Freddie B said:

Hello BASS CHAT 

My ampero ii stomp will arrive tomorrow (at least that's what the email says)

I'm excited to play around with unit and get into it. I also ordered the 2 and 4 button foot switches to see which w one will work for me so if I want to tune I can have it on a separate button. Ooooooo can't wait. 

Congratulations. I love mine. So easy to programme and some great sounds