Jump to content
TheGreek

Drume Hand

Recommended Posts

I'm hoping that somebody here will buy one, get bored with it and sell it to me at a massive discount....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Courtesy of YT (and there's loads in "Hand drum"

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want..... but I fear I don’t have enough hands!

Although it does come with a tidy carry case 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

 

Wow. Now where’s that thread about performances leaving you slack jawed 😵

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Caribbean steel drum is an altogether older and distinct instrument, but all these other flying saucer shaped things are clones of a relatively modern instrument called the Hang. I see some pop up in various for sale groups on Facebook, classifieds pages etc. from time to time, and they're all indeed very expensive and seem to be sold and bought exclusively by New Age people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZilchWoolham said:

The Caribbean steel drum is an altogether older and distinct instrument, but all these other flying saucer shaped things are clones of a relatively modern instrument called the Hang. I see some pop up in various for sale groups on Facebook, classifieds pages etc. from time to time, and they're all indeed very expensive and seem to be sold and bought exclusively by New Age people.

A mate of mine was interested in buying one of these for some years ago. Apparently, the original maker is a guy in Switzerland. To buy one, you had to commission it from him and agree per contract that if you later decided to sell the instrument you would sell it back to him or through him to someone else. He developed his own alloys and everything and had no interest in licensing the idea to anyone else. This was back in the 90s - no doubt by now others have figured out how to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SICbass said:

To buy one, you had to commission it from him and agree per contract that if you later decided to sell the instrument you would sell it back to him or through him to someone else. 

Last I read on their web site was that you had to subscribe to a certain mindset too, IMS. At the very least, you went through a process where the maker decided on whether you were worthy enough.
Maker's prerogative, I guess, but it somehow doesn't sit really well with me.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I'm hoping that somebody here will buy one, get bored with it and sell it to me at a massive discount....

These instruments do strike me as having a high novelty-wear-off factor..............

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...