Why become a member? ×

Karnivool is coming to the UK!!!

Eldon Tyrell

22 hours ago, Russ said:

Maybe fellow Perth proggers Voyager? They're fantastic. They also nearly represented Australia in Eurovision last year!

They have a brilliant bass player in Alex Canion too. Gets awesome tones out of his Mayones basses. 

Checked out Voyager. Like it. Like it a lot. I don't know if it is just me but I sense some 80s vibes, at least in the songs I checked out. Maybe it is just me being an 80s kid. Speaking of the 80s, here is a band that is more 80s than the 80s were 😁 Not sure what their label mates on Nuclear Blast think of them though 😎

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Checked out Voyager. Like it. Like it a lot. I don't know if it is just me but I sense some 80s vibes, at least in the songs I checked out. Maybe it is just me being an 80s kid. Speaking of the 80s, here is a band that is more 80s than the 80s were 😁 Not sure what their label mates on Nuclear Blast think of them though 😎

Yep, they have a big hefty dollop of 80s influence. Danny's voice is straight from the Simon Le Bon school of singing, for a start - that whole earnest baritone thing. Alex never misses an opportunity to play some slap. And Jan Hammer would wholeheartedly approve of the keytar. :)

There's footage on Youtube of a festival set they did, with Alestorm also on the bill - a keytar battle ensued.... that's something I'd never seen before and am unlikely to ever see again!

Edited by Russ
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 20/04/2021 at 17:41, Eldon Tyrell said:

Yes, Dead Letter Circus are pretty good too. Oz has so many amazing (prog) bands, maybe I should move there?

The thought crossed my mind too, many times!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dood said:

The thought crossed my mind too, many times!

I've been to Oz several times. Great place. It is just too far away. However, I could see myself spending our autumn/winter there (i.e. their spring/summer) and our spring/summer here. Problem is that, at least so far,  I have not been able to find two employers who buy into this idea too 😉  

On 15/02/2022 at 13:26, thodrik said:

Just got a refund on my tickets for the rescheduled date in May. 

I completely forgot about the gig until yesterday! 

Is anybody else still going to see them?

Yeah, going to the Manchester gig.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Marvin said:

Their Sharing Spaces album is great. I think Cog split up for a while so didn't release any new material. 

They reformed a little while ago, done a load of gigs, think there's a couple of new singles. Hopefully an album in the making.

• 1 month later...

Just got this info from Ticketmaster

"The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that they've announced a new date for this show, which was originally due to take place on 25 May 2022 - it will now be taking place on 9 February 2023."

😥