Why become a member? ×

Bass Reborn

robmif76

Hi all,

I used to play the bass about 25 years ago where I was in a band in my teen years. Not touched a bass since but still have a big love for the instrument. Mid-life crisis and various lockdowns later and here I am again looking to start again! This time round I want to do it properly though and learn the theory too so hopefully I can understand better how things link up together. Yeah I'm an analytical kinda guy...

I'm thinking of taking a plunge on an Ibanez GSRM20B Mikro as I've read loads of nice things about it, fits my budget and looks bloody good!! I'm only planning to play at home so not too fussed about a particular sound and fancied a shorter bass as my study is quite small!

Anyways, any pointers or good online tutorials please let me know. In the meantime I'll be trawling this site and get more info.

cheers!!

Rob

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Should be easier this time round with the internet.

Was thinking that earlier! Back in the day it was so hard to come across any decent info. Now I've learnt so much in a few days already it's insane.

Thanks for pointing to SBL. Looks a really well structured learning resource.