Sardar

Fender Limited Edition FSR Mustang Bass PJ with Ebony F/B - £395 - SOLD
£395
Newbury

A bit of an impulse online purchase several months ago.  It's had such limited home use since it arrived that it still has the protective plastic on the hardware. 

I need to clear some space for a new arrival so no trades, sorry.

One tiny finish flaw on the back of the bottom horn but otherwise no dings or dents.  

Scale: 30"
Weight: 3.7KG approximate (kitchen scales)
String spacing: 19mm
Comes with a basic gig bag

Would strongly prefer collection, or to meet half way, but postage may be possible.

IMG_4284.jpeg

IMG_4272.jpeg

IMG_4273.jpeg

IMG_4274.jpeg

IMG_4275.jpeg

IMG_4276.jpeg

IMG_4277.jpeg

IMG_4278.jpeg

IMG_4280.jpeg

IMG_4281.jpeg

IMG_4287.jpeg

IMG_4288.jpeg

• Like 6

Just now, PaulHornBass said:

Stunner. Good luck with the sale!

Thank you. 

I generally prefer six string basses but in this case I got suckered by the cool all black look!

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

That'll be gone by 5.00pm this afternoon :)

5.00pm British Summer Time that is :)

Lovely basses. Absolutely love mine and weigh in a bit less than the standard Mex PJ Mustangs IME too. GLWTS, not that you’ll need it...

5 minutes ago, mr4stringz said:

Lovely basses. Absolutely love mine and weigh in a bit less than the standard Mex PJ Mustangs IME too. GLWTS, not that you’ll need it...

Thanks, hopefully it will be on its way to a new home soon.

Bugger, just bought a squire Jag in black, this would have done a treat!

Where are you based?

23 minutes ago, andytoad said:

Bugger, just bought a squire Jag in black, this would have done a treat!

Where are you based?

Newbury, Berkshire

23 hours ago, mr4stringz said:

Why do they weigh less - any idea? Different body wood?

25 minutes ago, jahfish said:

Why do they weigh less - any idea? Different body wood?

Same body wood I think (alder). I put it down to the hardware. The difference isn’t huge but definitely noticeable between my two.

2 hours ago, mr4stringz said:

Same body wood I think (alder). I put it down to the hardware. The difference isn’t huge but definitely noticeable between my two.

Thanks, handy to know! 

If it’s a special run they might simply set aside the lighter weight body blanks by comparison with those selected for the standard model

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FEND3R
      PRICE DROP - NOW £2050 or sensible offer

1990 Fender Custom shop fretless Jazz Bass. As you can expect from a John Page era custom shop bass – a superb instrument and one of the earliest Fender fretless jazz basses that I have seen from Fender (after the extremely rare ones from the 70s).
      As one can expect the bass has been played a lot and shows a lot of dings and dongs, patina on the hardware, etc., but is all original and in perfect functional condition: straight neck with more place in the truss rod to adjust (it is not maxed out), all electronics and hardware work accordingly, action can be set very nice and low. The bass is superbly responsive, resonates extremely well with great dynamics and the harmonics are just amazing – it both sings and does the “mwah” just as well. I have not made any attempts to renew the hardware (remove the patina), because IMHO it gives it character, but if you wish my bass tech can do that prior to shipping. Width at nut is 38mm and the bass weights 4,07kg. according to my home scale. It comes with a black tolex case, probably not original.
      More detailed pictures can be found here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/xzum76RP3hJfic3s5
      Why am I selling it if its such a great bass – I am letting go a part of my collection and keeping only the vintage precisions. The asking price is less than what it costed me, but can consider sensible offers. No trades, I am afraid, unless it is a well played pre-1974 precision or recent B-15. Also, if you purchase it and do not find yourself to like it – I can take it back as long as you cover the shipping and payment fees.
      Any questions – please, feel free to ask. Price includes shipping to most parts of EU.  
      You can check my feedback here : 

• By FEND3R
      1982 Fender Precision Special, ash body, rosewood neck. The color would have been Arctic White according to the catalog, but as you can see this bass has seen it all – I got it from the first owner - a session musician, who did play on it every day for almost 40 years and it shows. I do not know where to start with the roadworn part, but as can be seen – finish is worn almost everywhere, lacquer on the neck is gone in many places, there are numerous bumps, dings, dongs, etc. (luckily surface, no structural damage), pickguard is cracked near the jack, finger rest has been relocated, fingerboard and frets are also worn from playing, etc. etc. – all this is shown in the photos.
      Now the good part – the bass sounds tremendous, I was skeptical towards the Precision Special model and went to check it out only because it look extremely road worn (which in my book is always good), and walked away with it. The action is nice (truss rod has some more space) although the frets are a little worn (if you are picky there is room to have them polished/crowned), the neck has a very comfy beefy C shape profile. Best part is the sound – I admit that always use it in passive mode and it sounds huge – responsive, lots of everything - lows, mids and highs – a very full sounding bass, a bit like a 70s, but not so clanky. Active mode is also nice if you are into this. It is all original apart form 2 screws as far as I am aware, all relicing is natural, weight is 5,05kg, nut width is 42mm., all hardware and electronics work as they are supposed to.
      More detailed pictures can be found here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/WPTdiHeXBmHbDgPZ8x`
      I am letting go a part of my collection and keeping only the more vintage precisions. The asking price is what it costed me, but sensible offers can be considered. No trades, I am afraid, unless it is a well played pre-1974 precision or recent B-15. Also, if you purchase it and do not find yourself to like it – I can take it back as long as you cover the shipping and payment fees.
      It comes with the original case it was purchased with – Fender “Duck foot” Tweed case (sold more with Fullerton reissues) which is in crooked condition, but if you do not want it – I can knock down 70 pounds off the price.  
      Any questions – please, feel free to ask. Price includes shipping to most parts of EU. 
      You can check my feedback here -

• By thanku
      Body : Alder
      Neck : Maple (Satin finish)
      Fingerboard : Maple, 184R, 20F
      Pickups : JB-Vintage x2
      Controls : Volume, Volume, Tone
      Bridge : Vintage
      Color : Wine Red 
      Weight : 4,1 kg

Beautiful bass, with a rare satin finish neck ! Really smooth to play. Great tone, with a lot of punch. Truss rod works, frets are in MINT CONDITION. Comes with a GIG Bag. Still need to raise money for the next music video of my band guyssssss

• By bensilva
      Here for sale is my MIM 2013 Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, this is the version still with the Badass Bridge, only flaw that he as is on transportation once got bumped and the varnish on the strap button cracked as well on the bottom. 
        Will ship it with a pair of Schaller straplocks   About shipping, will ship to Europe and U.K, shipping cost will be determined by UPS, use them on a fair amount and their work with my packages has been stellar. 
        I am a user of this forum for a few years and this is the first time i am selling something in this platform, therefore there is no reviews on myself, in case of doubt you can pm me and will show my reverb reviews no worries at all. 
        cheers