Why become a member? ×

Bored of writing your Xmas list?

Mike Brooks

Ladies & gents,

It's getting to that time of year again, and it's going to be fairly odd for most people this year. Guessing pennies will be tight and I don't know about you, but I get bored writing an Xmas list each year (although doing an Amazon Wish List has taken some of the grief out of it).

I've just released the following video on my YouTube channel to take some of the pain out of the process, feel free to send the link to your friends and loved ones and take some of the hassle out of the whole rigmarole!

Stay safe and well dudes!

Edited by Mike Brooks
  • Like 3

I stepped joyfully away from all the present giving/receiving mularky 3 years ago, and I've seldom enjoyed October to Januaryas much.

Not only am I saved from the stress and headscratching of buying stuff for peoplewho already have stuff, but I get a warm fuzzy feeling from knowing I'm saving my loved ones from wasting money and time on me.

But if anyone else wants to circulate the video among anyone who knows me that'd be great.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I stepped joyfully away from all the present giving/receiving mularky 3 years ago, and I've seldom enjoyed October to Januaryas much.

Not only am I saved from the stress and headscratching of buying stuff for peoplewho already have stuff, but I get a warm fuzzy feeling from knowing I'm saving my loved ones from wasting money and time on me.

Great idea.... I'd love to go down that road. It's been gaining a little bit of traction in my family, but not there yet.

Apologies to @Mike Brooks for trying to bring down the concept of Xmas gifts in the Xmas gift thread!

Actually I am more open to present giving to people who have some kind of list of things they want - e.g. Bassists.

My in-laws for example have no hobbies or interests and there is nothing to really buy them :(.

• Like 1

You sound like Robert Fripp! (to a yank). We try not to exchange, but my g.f. does spring for the occasional set of Stick strings ($66US) and she hand-painted a guitar strap for the pawnshop Squire Strat I picked up on my birthday a few years ago. Anyway we're telling the nieces and nephews Santa didn't make it thru the first wave of COVID...

• Haha 5

On 13/10/2020 at 16:15, Newfoundfreedom said:

The C word is banned in my house. Don't have anything to do with it. 

Yep. Christmas Is great when you're a kid and then when your kids are little, but apart from that, it's a massive PITA. And don't even mention bloody new year...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1